Comet torque converter 1" to 3/4 adapter

Triley41395

This is what I have I was going to use on a rupp but it's 1 inch and the engine is 3/4. Can't seem to find the splined part in 3/4. Does anyone know if there is such a part or should I just abandon this idea and get something else. I've been to comet site and don't see it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 20210718_140241.jpg 20210718_135821.jpg 20210805_082857.jpg

mustangfrank

This is what I have I was going to use on a rupp but it's 1 inch and the engine is 3/4. Can't seem to find the splined part in 3/4. Does anyone know if there is such a part or should I just abandon this idea and get something else. I've been to comet site and don't see it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 281047 View attachment 281048 View attachment 281049
https://www.gokartsupply.com/mobile/asymapp.htm

Scroll down, they have all the individual parts listed. Pretty sure you're going to need more than just that one part to convert.

Triley41395

https://www.gokartsupply.com/mobile/asymapp.htm

Scroll down, they have all the individual parts listed. Pretty sure you're going to need more than just that one part to convert.
There site and my paperwork say that the 1 inch doesn't require a bronze bushing so I was hoping to just change the insert. The one that they have for a 3/4 crank is splined different. It looks like it will fit a rupp perfectly if I use a engine with a 1 inch crank but was trying to avoid using a bigger motor and stick with the 3.5 that's already there. Screenshot_20210805-100634_Gallery.jpg

mustangfrank

There site and my paperwork say that the 1 inch doesn't require a bronze bushing so I was hoping to just change the insert. The one that they have for a 3/4 crank is splined different. It looks like it will fit a rupp perfectly if I use a engine with a 1 inch crank but was trying to avoid using a bigger motor and stick with the 3.5 that's already there. View attachment 281060
Correct, you're going to need at least both sheaves and the insert. Better off $$$ wise to get the 3/4' drive clutch and sell the 1".