Comet Two Speed

bbiggs54

I'm interested, I need to know the diameter of the jackshaft, length of the shaft and the ratio at primary and secondary change. Also and more important is this transmission guaranteed to work? I won't be assembling this bike until sometime next spring.

bbiggs54

I'm planning on using this for my Cat 400TS, not real checked out on these set-ups, just want to be sure it will work for my application. The motor has a 3/4 output shaft as well so the primary clutch would need to fit. This bike was mine purchased new, and I've decided to restore it. My experience with the TS trans was it wouldn't work well after about a year, but again I was 12 years old then!

The drive clutch is 3/4" 12 tooth, Jack shaft diameter is 5/8 " , length is 8 1/2" ( Usually have to replace shaft with one that's the correct length for your bike ) first gear is a 24t sprocket , Second gear is 12t . Jack shaft B sprocket is 12t ( or change to whatever you want ) Thanks

bbiggs54

I'm planning on using this for my Cat 400TS, not real checked out on these set-ups, just want to be sure it will work for my application. The motor has a 3/4 output shaft as well so the primary clutch would need to fit. This bike was mine purchased new, and I've decided to restore it. My experience with the TS trans was it wouldn't work well after about a year, but again I was 12 years old then!
The drive clutch is 3/4" 12 tooth, Jack shaft diameter is 5/8 " , length is 8 1/2" ( Usually have to replace shaft with one that's the correct length for your bike ) first gear is a 24t sprocket , Second gear is 12t . Jack shaft B sprocket is 12t ( or change to whatever you want ) Thanks
Thank you for the reply, all parts by description and photos look to be appropriate for my application. I'm willing to move forward with the purchase. I'm going to assume since you're a member here a decade, you have great integrity so my greatest concern which went unanswered should be put to rest. Without offending you or getting into your business, since I don't know you and am a new member, would indulge me here with this one question. Do you have confidence these parts will work properly based on your experience? I'm only trying to be prudent spending your asking price, questions are all I have at this point for validation. Once again thank you.
Bob