Complete 5 hp Powell Challenger (barn find)

ErikR

Here up for sale and one I hate sell:doah: is a complete Powell Challenger w/ all the correct Powell parts present with the exception of the throttle being modified at some point,but the original hardware is still intact. I noticed a couple of thing's that were wrong with the overall condition. 1. the frame has a little bend to it in the front (see pictures) easy fix 2. the wing nut to hold the bars is missing 3. the shifter was broke and repaired. The serial # is 2740-D and I'm asking $700 O.B.O because of the overall originality. :thumbsup::scooter:Also willing to ship (keep in mind this thing is heavy) and I'll also drop the price a little to save on the shipping..

Last edited:

ErikR

I hope it sells fast cause I'm soooooooooooooooo tempted to keep it, I've never thought I own a powell with this much originality:crying::doah:anyway, here some more pictures......

Last edited:

oseanc

Can you post pictures of the rear wheel/sprocket and sprocket/pulley with the chain off. I want to see the condition of the teeth. When i got my powell i didnt see how bad the teeth actually were until i took the chain off and noticed teeth missing everywhere. And teeth on my sprocket/pulley were shaped like hooks:doah:

ErikR

Erik
Good luck on your sale..
This Powell should clean up nicely.. :thumbsup:
Thanks Don!:thumbsup: Out of all the mini's I've owned this is the one I know I'll regrete selling later on,lol!

Can you post pictures of the rear wheel/sprocket and sprocket/pulley with the chain off. I want to see the condition of the teeth. When i got my powell i didnt see how bad the teeth actually were until i took the chain off and noticed teeth missing everywhere. And teeth on my sprocket/pulley were shaped like hooks:doah:
Totally understandable, I'll post those pictures for you shortly:thumbsup:

OH MY !! I Want THIS, so dag on far away , GRRRR
Nice find ERIK !!! Good luck on your sale, if you were closer i would have this in my shop already !

all you sell is junk,that looks like pic a part you are smokeing
ever one should know about you
Really? I've bought items from him and they were EXACTLY as described. He shipped them right away and I'm a happy buyer.

I think I hear your mom calling, you had better go!

ErikR

all you sell is junk,that looks like pic a part you are smokeing
:eek:ut: ever one should know about you
Wow!:laugh: Come on' if your going to insult someone atleast spell it out right:eek:ut::laugh:

Ps.. Because I'm such in a good mood now, if anyone wants this Powell and lives out of state I'll sell it to you for $550 and I'll pay the shipping. If you live in California I'll let you have it for $500 buckaroos!:thumbsup: Merry Christmas!

there is a rule over on the HAMB hot rod forum...absolutely no posting on ads except to say " I'll take it"......and it is strictly enforced.

I always thought that was a bit extreme...but maybe not.....

ErikR

great find, & it looks too have lots of the hard to find parts on it..
Thank's, I appreciate that! Yeah, it mostly complete a true survivor:thumbsup:

OH MY !! I Want THIS, so dag on far away , GRRRR
Nice find ERIK !!! Good luck on your sale, if you were closer i would have this in my shop already !
I wish you were closer too, it sounds like it would have a good home with you!:thumbsup:

there is a rule over on the HAMB hot rod forum...absolutely no posting on ads except to say " I'll take it"......and it is strictly enforced.

I always thought that was a bit extreme...but maybe not.....
That's actually a great idea, nothing to talk about.
Don't like it move on!
Like it??? buy it!!!!