Convinced I'll never find this part

I'm missing the clutch portion of this pocket bike. (Circled) Searched high and low, I gather it's a 27cc. I have the clutch shoes which are approximately 2" in diameter. Please help me I'll even pay someone if they help me track this part down. Everything else is in my possession so I can take more pics of anything needed. Please help me!

Mike

Attachments

Addicted 2 Minis

I think you're looking for the transmission or gearbox, not the clutch itself. Try doing a search for pocket bike transmission or gearbox and see if that helps. Also, in the 2nd picture of the engine, it's missing the flywheel and recoil, if you don't have those, you'll need more than a transmission to get it going.

Precisely. More specifically I'd call it the clutch "bell" PLUS a housing. I do indeed have the flywheel it was removed in that pic. As mentioned I have everything except the piece circled in the original post which I can't find online. I've literally searched off and on for months. Found a whole bunch of gearboxes, ALL of which are for a more common 3" clutch found on almost all 49cc bikes. Here's a couple more pics of the closest thing I've found, clearly not the same as it's offset unlike the original which is centered, and again uses a 3" clutch which is too big.

Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

I did notice the sticker on the fairing says KIKKER 5150. Kikker does make a small 25cc road bike but I've never seen them offer a pocket bike. I went to their site and they do offer a drive unit but from your picture, I can't tell if it's the same. Here's the link to their drive unit, maybe that'll help https://hardknockgarage.com/?product=drivemount-complete-25cc
Holy sh*t that's it. A thousand thank yous. Gonna email them and see if I can just get the bell portion as I even have most of that stuff pictured.

Again thank you very much!!!!! A little embarrassed you found it that quick lmao.

Mike

For what it's worth, I believe your clutch is 54mm (Pretty standard), there are larger engines with a 54mm clutch that would probably fit your bike to make it go a little faster or have more power. Daves Discount Motors (DDM Racing) has a ton of GoPed and R/C car engines with 54mm clutches, check those guys out, https://www.davesmotors.com

Funny you linked dave's motors I've shopped there years ago when I had a baja and rampage. I've also been there recently looking for suitable replacements, found clutch bells that seemed to be the right size but without one in my hand I couldn't figure out how I was gonna house it, and attach a sprocket to it, other than drawing something in autodesk and cutting one on the Haas. (Way too much work for a pocket bike)

Here's what I've been staring at trying to figure out what to do:

Attachments

What I did do a few months ago as a last ditch effort was turn down a piece to bolt to the flywheel in order to use a standard 5/8" bore mini bike/kart clutch. But then I ran into the issue of mounting the motor as said clutch would have interfered with where it mounted so I was back to square one!

Attachments

What I did do a few months ago as a last ditch effort was turn down a piece to bolt to the flywheel in order to use a standard 5/8" bore mini bike/kart clutch. But then I ran into the issue of mounting the motor as said clutch would have interfered with where it mounted so I was back to square one!
That's some real nice work, maybe you'll figure something out to use it on. Remember that part about 1,000 minds are better than 1, although that idea didn't work (It was a good one too!), I could have saved you some time. If you would have bought a GoPed drive spindle and turned it down to 5/8", it would have saved you some time in designing it. The drive spindles just thread onto the shaft, the rotation of the engine keeps them tight. After seeing your adapter, it made me wonder if one of these small engines would have enough "Umph" to even turn the larger 5/8" clutch.

All back together, I bought a new carburetor for it as well. Got it tuned and this little thing is running and driving better than it ever has. It's been so long since we've had it going my kids are basically too big for it now LMAO.

Addicted 2 Minis I want to thank you again for finding the part we needed!

Attachments

All back together, I bought a new carburetor for it as well. Got it tuned and this little thing is running and driving better than it ever has. It's been so long since we've had it going my kids are basically too big for it now LMAO.

Addicted 2 Minis I want to thank you again for finding the part we needed!
I'm glad to see you got it back together and going, looks great!, I think most would have given up or lost a lot of parts while disassembled. The kids may be too big for this now but maybe you'll find them a mini bike that's more their size now that you've joined the group, look around, mini bikes aren't just for young kids, old kids get a kick out of them too!.

-A2M