coolest mini bikes???

The number I've heard is 482 Screamers produced in 1971, which was the only year they made them.

I am fortunate enough to have 2 of them.
That's amazing! Have you ridden either one yet and how do they perform? I'm curious as to what model number of 820 came on these. I have a early 70's Chrysler 820 with model # 820005

race

Cool thread. I'll weigh in with the Taco 66. Let me preface though, we all are sentimental about the bikes we had as kids so maybe I'm biased on this ... but I think, aesthetically, it is the best looking. It has the double cradle frame, rear shocks and just the right spacing of the engine and gas tank within the chassis. The two shots I attached definitely catch the best angles. The compact two-stroke AH-58 fits in perfectly and had a more exotic appeal than the trusty Briggs. Others have already attested to the purple frame. I can still recall, one look at that ad and I wanted to ditch my Taco 22 and get one!

Which I eventually did ... after totaling my poor 22. And having owned one back then, I can attest that trying to combine the jack-shaft and swing arm pivot was a terrible design. It was only a matter of time before it would come undone ... usually after launching it off a jump or curb.

BTW - finding pics of a Taco 66 is like hen's teeth. No doubt due to it's short model lifespan of a year or two.

67 Taco 66.jpg Taco 66 right side.jpg

Ding Ding

That's amazing! Have you ridden either one yet and how do they perform? I'm curious as to what model number of 820 came on these. I have a early 70's Chrysler 820 with model # 820005
I haven't ridden either of mine yet, but am eager to do so as I want to know how they perform considering their almost mythical status as being one of the fastest. The Arctic Cat Screamer came with engine model 82019, which is a Screamer specific number.

The 82005 engine is for: "Stock: Pumps, Augers, Drills, Saws" - as stated on the West Bend/Chrysler/Power Bee information.

I haven't ridden either of mine yet, but am eager to do so as I want to know how they perform considering their almost mythical status as being one of the fastest. The Arctic Cat Screamer came with engine model 82019, which is a Screamer specific number.

The 82005 engine is for: "Stock: Pumps, Augers, Drills, Saws" - as stated on the West Bend/Chrysler/Power Bee information.
This 820 I acquired was NOS. It originally had 2 .062" head gaskets installed and a small Tillotson HL-189 carb. I plan on installing a .032" head gasket and HL-232 1" bore carb.