Copper colored engine paint for a Briggs?

Scottessey

Hey Fellas, I'm looking to paint a 5hp Briggs for a Powell. Do you know if Duplicolor or another brand carries a copper color in a high heat spray can?

Never found a "high heat" Copper but the Ace brand holds up pretty good ... Gets a little distorted around the exhaust area but other than that no prob ... Seems to resist fuel some as well

The problem is that the original color isn't really copper from what I've seen. It has a pink hue to it. I gave up and just painted mine black. You could have it mixed, but it wouldn't be cheap. Would be worth it though.

oldfatguy

VHT makes a copper metallic engine paint that I used on this frame. but like all the rest it still isn't a match for the original briggs color but it would still look good on an engine;

Scott, I just did a google search using....copper colored paint high temp....and came up with more than six million results. You're working on a Powell? I'm devastated to hear that you gave up on the Foxes and went over to the dark side. Ogy

Scottessey

Scott, I just did a google search using....copper colored paint high temp....and came up with more than six million results. You're working on a Powell? I'm devastated to hear that you gave up on the Foxes and went over to the dark side. Ogy
:laugh: I'm just dabbling on the dark side, Ogy-won. I'm still hoping for a campus build one of these days. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the paint tips, fellas. Those colors look awesome! I took Ogy's advice and googled it. This is the first one I came upon and it looks promising. Has anyone tried this one yet?

Scottessey

Rust-oleum High Heat Ultra in Aged Copper. It looks like a really good match. The color in the pic doesn't do it justice. It's lighter and less orange in person. Maybe I can get Don to bring over a piece off of his original copper one to do a side by side pic. :thumbsup:

george3

:laugh: I'm just dabbling on the dark side, Ogy-won. I'm still hoping for a campus build one of these days. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the paint tips, fellas. Those colors look awesome! I took Ogy's advice and googled it. This is the first one I came upon and it looks promising. Has anyone tried this one yet?
that is the clostest I have seen in a spray can but not gas resistant. you have to have it mixed.