Correction to my earlier post regarding Trike 3Z Wheeler

I had the name wrong .. It is a 3-Z Rider, not 3Z Wheeler, as I previously posted.
Wished I could post a few pics, to see what anyone might know about it .. :)

markus

OK thats way cool :thumbsup: Does look like the typical kart shown in the mid 70's brochure photo with a changed front end. I would say is maybe in the 1974-78 range for build time, I want to say 1978-79 (definitely in 1980) Alexander Reynolds changed to Dailex corporation, and added mopeds to the lineup. they did continue the EZrider name, but it would not say alexander reynolds or ARCO anywhere I doubt.

Very neat, Thats from pretty slim sales times so they may have not made very many of them. Very neat item!!! What is the little handle for :shrug:

Heres the mid 70's lineup,

montgomery wards was selling the ARCO line under their name in the later 1970's if you can find some catalogs from that time period might find something.

MrPat is correct... That handle is a scrub brake for both rear wheels. Has a round tubular piece that runs from the front forks, down under the seat, to the rear section.. Looks all stock to me, and not something someone modified or made .. All the welds look factory, nothing broke, etc.
I agree with Markus. May not have been produced very long.. and I am wondering if that is due to the steering. The front forks will turn about 95 degrees to the left and right, and they may have determined that to be dangerous. A small child, going 25 mph, and quickly whipping the wheel one way or the other, would most likely send this thing end over end. :doah:
I have a solution for that though. I will be adding some 1" bumpers in behind the steering connection, the keep the turning radius reasonable.
I will get more pics up soon..

CaptNugget

Awesome find man! Just throwing my hat in the ring... You ever decide you wanna sell it I'm interested. I have I believe 10-11 trikes now and would be great In the fleet. If not, all good and have fun with her man it's a cool little trike.