cracked air cleaner screw threads

So after the first "quick" mini bike outing of the year with my son here's the totals:

One lost chrome exhaust tip, & inner baffle (thank good the pipe only got loose and stayed on, man those parts seem tough to find in chrome) i'm going to back track again and see if I can't find those parts, but it was in a questionable riding area, ahem.

Two tweaked throttle grips that cant be tightened any more (going to replace or shim etc)
Probably replace since my son didn't get what was happening and wound the grip around with the cable following for a couple revolutions and snap...

One lost briggs aircleaner filter assembly, and to get to my question:
The threaded section of my carb air cleaner screw hole is cracked from vibration over-tightening etc... are there aftermarket aircleaner assemblies that don't use the stock cleaner? I know I could glue the screw in and let it set up and then tweak it out next air filter change but there seems like a better way. There's not much lip to put an aftermarket filter on that carb, much less clearance too.
Any ideas? How about epoxying a fitted tube on the carb and sending an aftermarket one out sideways?
Like those little breathers they sell in Advance Auto etc?
I searched around here and can't get the search working correctly.
Thanks guys.

CarPlayLB

Ya may want to narrow this down a bit. Which Briggs motor do you have? There are a few different carb options as well. Can you post a pic?

The usual.stock 5 Hp like the one in you avatar. Basically the air cleaner that came on every 3.5 to 5 horse ive seen fSorry yeah.)5yShould.have stated that. (

It's a simple fix to buy a replacement carburetor. I'd say helicoil it, but you say it's cracked around the threads. If you had a bottoming tap, you could JB weld it and re tap.

Used carbs are plentiful and inexpensive. Just get a new "kit" for it, unless your existing pump membrane and needle/spring/o-ring assy is newer.

True enough, I've got other carbs, I was really wondering if there were decent aftermarket ways around that flat stock one, but I suppose I've seen about all of them. Thanks guys, MO

125ccCrazy

if it's a slide choke and if you want a little more performance you can remove the choke, plug the end of the carb with a welch plug and then use a dremel or a hole saw and remove the web for the air filter stud, smooth out and flow the inlet then use an alum air filter adapter and good filter..

Find a fix yet? Maybe epoxy in a piece of threaded rod instead of the original hold down bolt, so filter maintenance would involve a wingnut instead of breaking the glued threads.