crank drilling guides !!!!!!

Ok so we have new off the lathe crank drilling guides . For 5/16 - 24 or 18 . They are a 3 piece tool you start with the smaller hole one a 9/32 bit , and the body . Put on the end of the crank and it guilds the bit on center. Then you switch out the bushing to the larger one and run the tap in and it starts the tap on center and straight . 20180211_111855.jpg

Last edited:
20180211_111939.jpg
The parts of the guides

20180211_111957.jpg

The body and a guild bushing . I used one to tap and drill a crank on my briggs worked fine to drill and start the tap . I can run both the 18 and 24 thread in the bushing . So it will start both you can choose what you want to tap .these are 3/4 in crank guides im still looking for 3/4 to 5\8 bushings . A good stocked hardware store should have a plastic bushing . For a small cost ill try and get some but if i cant be aware these are 3/4 inch .
I found putting a piece of tape around the end to hold the bushing in the body helped . But you can easy hold the guide in place with out it . The tape is running like the first pic .

I got the 7 you see in the pic the cost on them is $24 shipped . Will do paypal , or money order .

Last edited:
I got my bushings from McMaster Carr if I remember correctly. I think they were called, electrical sleeve washers?

Last edited:
Yes they are now if i can just keep it in demand ill be doin good . Got some other parts im trying to get going that should be hot ticket . But thats still in the pile time will tell .

Ok so we have new off the lathe crank drilling guides . For 5/16 - 24 or 18 . They are a 3 piece tool you start with the smaller hole one a 9/32 bit , and the body . Put on the end of the crank and it guilds the bit on center. Then you switch out the bushing to the larger one and run the tap in and it starts the tap on center and straight . View attachment 103362
Tried to post yesterday, computer acting up looking for crank guide, still have one left, would love to buy it if you have one.

cfh

I would guess he sold them all by now (old post afterall). but there is an alternative. You can get it from McMaster Car and it's called a "drill bushing". they are $15 and work great for drilling the crank nice and centered.