crazy idea to solve sea level rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua. c.

I had a crazy but completely feasible idea about how to solve sea level rise. sea level rise is happening because more ice is melting from arctic glaciers than is being replaced. we cant easily fix the melting issue so that idea is out the window. to solve the problem we only have one other option: change the ratio of snow accumulation and melting so there is more snow is accumulating than what is melting each year. how to do this is expensive and not easy but is feasible. the solution is stupidly simple we just add more snow. to do this we build a desalination plant and series of heated pipes (heated to keep them from freezing in the arctic winter) powered by a nuclear power plant attached to a large number off snow making machines (the type ski resorts already use) placed on the glaciers that are melting and every day its cold enough to create snow we pump out thousands of gallons of water threw the snow makers. this over time will re build the glaciers and even un do sea level rise if its continued long enough. and every country that can afford to should pay a tax to help the project because this problem affects us all. I decided to post this to get this somewhat crazy idea out into the open and hopefully start some discussions. do with it what you will.

did not state it could. this isn't a global worming fix. its only about sea lever rise.
Not trying to be a dick but what the heck do you think is making the sea levels rise? Melting glaciers....why? The global warming theory....and I’m not a scientist or even freaking close but making snow from salt water? Here in WV we use salt to melt the snow??? Just an observation

joshua. c.

Not trying to be a dick but what the heck do you think is making the sea levels rise? Melting glaciers....why? The global warming theory....and I’m not a scientist or even freaking close but making snow from salt water? Here in WV we use salt to melt the snow??? Just an observation
your reading comprehension needs work. . I said to use a desalination plant. desalination plant = no salt in water, they are water filtration plants used all over the world and in most ships to make salt water into drinking water and I recomended a nuke plant to power it, its all pre existing technology. and the winter snow making is scaled up to out pace summer snow melt taking global worming clean out of the picture. It can get as worm as it likes and we just add more snow making. I spelled this all out so I thought I made that all clear. also this idea will work unless the arctic winter gets so worm it drops below freesing all winter and if it dose get that worm sea level rise will be the least of our concerns.

I guess you’re the man!!! I’m just some dumb uneducated WV hillbilly...sorry I’m not as smart as you northern fellers....just got my first pair of shoes Today too....now which shoe goes where?!?

Last edited:
I recomended a nuke plant to power it
Good luck with that.

When was the last time a power plant of any type was built, let alone a nuke plant? Tree huggers raise holy hello when one is proposed, and file so many lawsuits, it gets delayed until the next coming.
Your proposal of snow making to combat glacier melt may have merit, but even snow making requires certain weather conditions at the site, and as was stated by Itype2slo, Mother Nature will do as she wants. It may be that she's slowly ending human existence on this rock, but in a less dramatic fashion than with the dinosaurs. Could even be that Corona virus was an attempt, or just a warm-up.

Roger

Who the hell said the sea level is rising? Al Gore? HA!!!! Florida was supposed to be underwater a decade ago according to that fool. We have been going to the Texas coast for 30 years. My wife's folks have a home on South Padre Island. The bay and the beach is in the same place it ever was. And it will be for many years to come. One of my friends pointed out the fact that when ice melts in your tea glass, why doesn't the tea overflow out of the glass? Why is a iceberg white instead of clear? Why do they float? (A lot of air in it) Melting icebergs are not going to make the sea level rise. Common sense isn't that common anymore. Why was there a iceberg in the path of the Titanic in 1912? The fact is, in earth history, it has been much hotter than it is right now. There have been times when the CO2 levels were 5 to 10 times more than they are today. We breathe OUT CO2, the same CO2 some people want to believe is a poison gas. At one time, people were growing wheat and barley in Greenland.......The Vikings called it GREENLAND, for Christ's sake.

Last edited:

joshua. c.

the sea lever is rising just very slowly. and the glaciers that are melting that are the culprits are on land. so they aren't yet displacing any water and yes there are some in the water but those already displace the same volume they would have in liquid for m so they aren't problematic. the ice cubes in yore glass wont overflow your cup but melt a few more and poor them in and it overflows.

Status
Not open for further replies.