Creamsicle Bonanza Build-off

This was the state of the Bonanza i picked up last year.

My first thought was to drop on a 6.5 clone and call it a day, but after picking up a few more bikes that could be abused a little, i decided to put some real work into this one. i had a gas tank made to fit under the seat, only to realize later that the clone motor wasn't going to fit properly, and besides, this bike needs a flathead anyhow.

So i picked this robin up in a trade deal. yes it looks horrible, but i think its the one.

i brought the bike in for powdercoat a while back and i thought i was close to being finished but the burners on the oven were shot so the clear coat didnt adhere properly so the bike was stripped back down, and now i have a new engine to contend with and my parts from tired iron should be here soon, so the build is back on.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

ok, so im pretty much done with this thang. ive ordered a chain and brake lever. aside from that, i guess im done.

what kind of two speed clutch is that on the jackshaft? isnt it suposed to have another clutch drumb on it? and the bike looks incredible but the fenders should have been chrome! lokks great though

thanks!!! i dig the orange pearl too. i fell in love with the color at the powder coat shop and had to have it.

the 2 speed is by comet. it runs fine as is, but i still need to atatch the shifter.

that is got to be one of the most beautiful engines i have ever seen!! there is a guy that does powder coating a walking distance down the road from me, i should check with his prices, so i can send a bunch of my Aggie bike's parts down to him!

i went with the smaller tire ONLY because the stock tires i ordered from tired iron haven't arrived (most likely never will) and i had these in my garage.

i had the fuel tank made by a guy in n. carolina. i sent him the cap and bung and measurements, and 2 weeks later i had a tank.

the robin motor was pretty beat when i got it, but it ran well. im pretty happy with how it turned out.