cruhr1 2016 build off entry*vintage class *1969 Rupp Chopper*

That bike is awesome.:bowdown:
Thanks Karen.

Awesome build! I'm glad you restored that bike and entered the build. You did it some serios justice!
Thank you. I am glad I restored it too.

I found out that the chrome shop will have my chain guard done on Wednesday which should put it in my hands by Saturday....hopefully. That's cutting it close but I may just make the deadline after all.

I got a call today from the chrome shop and my chain guard isn't going to be done for another week so I will miss the deadline for completion:doah:. Red nose here I come. I will however post a ride video this weekend.

Here is my ride video

https://youtu.be/ZC7GYM3EH5M

I have no idea how to post a video on here so if this doesn't work feel free to repost it correctly.

Here is the video of me riding the chopper. I'm 6'-3" and this bike is quite small but it pulls me around just fine even at 2 1/2HP. It's still missing the chain guard which won't be done at the chrome shop until the end of this week so it's as done as it's going to get for now.

Thanks to everyone that made the build off happen. I had a great time participating and will definitely do it again in the future. This bike was quite a bit less work than most of the other builds I've read through. The only thing I should have done different was call the chrome shop sooner! Now I know better:laugh:

Thanks everyone,

Chad

Got the chain guard back from chrome

Here you guys go. As promised here are some pics with the chain guard installed.

The buildoff was a blast and I look forward to playing along next year.

Chad

A couple before pics for quick reference

MSPTREX

I got my frame back from powder coat tonight. I have to clean up the bolts yet but I had to throw it together quick to see how it looked. I'm liking it. I'll have more pics tomorrow maybe with the engine on it if I get time.

Sorry to bump old post but what color orange powder did you end up using on this? Looks great.