CT200U-EX Performance Modifications

Cuh

Well to start this is my first post so hello everyone. I just bought this little Coleman CT200U-EX and it is great I just wish it was faster and had a higher top speed. I just bought a Torque Convertor Kit and a Stage 1 Performance Kit. Will all of this add a ton more power and higher top end? I also cut the screw off the governor didn’t feel like it gained much mph. Any other ideas for modifications and is removing the governor from the inside of the engine better?

SAS289

The stage 1 kit and torque converter is the way to go on that bike at first. No need to modify the throttle linkage and removing the governor will not improve anything. The stage 1 adds a bit more power and the torque converter gives better low end and top speed.

Do the stage 1 and torque converter then ride. If you want more performance then you will need to consider and plan bigger changes.

I would recommend a 60 tooth sprocket to go with the torque converter but only if there are no plans to use a Juggernaut or tork zilla drive pulley for the torque converter in the future. The 60 tooth wouldn't work well with those drivers.

toomanytoys

Stage 1 and TAV will wake it up.

I'm not sure if the stage 1 really adds much for power. I'd install the tav ride it then install the stage 1 kit and ride it. See if you notice any gains.

It'll turn it into the bike it should've been from the factory. But I guess most of us are adults riding kids bikes..

My oldest thinks her stock bt200x is a speed demon...until we drag race and I'm several bike lengths in front of her after 100 feet.

Cuh

Stage 1 and TAV will wake it up.

I'm not sure if the stage 1 really adds much for power. I'd install the tav ride it then install the stage 1 kit and ride it. See if you notice any gains.

It'll turn it into the bike it should've been from the factory. But I guess most of us are adults riding kids bikes..

My oldest thinks her stock bt200x is a speed demon...until we drag race and I'm several bike lengths in front of her after 100 feet.
The adults riding kids bikes statement is so true has me dying laughing lol. My kids think I bought it for them but little do they know it’s really for me.

toomanytoys

The adults riding kids bikes statement is so true has me dying laughing lol. My kids think I bought it for them but little do they know it’s really for me.
I've owned a mini bike since I was 5. As an adult I got into collecting under about 2012 then I parked my bikes in the shed and didn't really bother them for 8 years. Now I'm back into playing with them. I told my wife because the kids are getting into them. But really it was just me wanting to play again. My kids do ride though.