Ct200uex.....

When i was on last-like an idiot, i let someone mess with the gov on the mini bike. Well its been at my buddies cause i cant have that & my new motorcycle here. Anywho, before i get started--- when her got done, it was leaking oil & then smoking and over heating after a few min. So, i went and removed all his screw ups and also removed the plate with the gov screw thats tac welded. And the arm under the gas tank, but nothing inside. So theres nothing where the arm was now except the piece that goes into the engine..... (Somebody knows what im getting at ) i got it all back together, and it started up fine, and rode fine.... For about 20-30 sec. And then it started clunking like there was a nut or bolt taring up everything inside..... Help?? I dont have the bike here yet but Tuesday ill have more pics. Been so busy I actually forgot how I did it.

Attachments

Addicted 2 Minis

The arm that's under the gas tank is the governor arm, if removed without removing the internal parts that the arm goes to, you probably ruined your engine. It was probably ruined anyhow if it was leaking oil, the red arrow in the picture below points to the internal governor parts that more that likely fell out and destroyed the rest of your ticking time bomb!.

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 4.30.25 AM.png

Lesson learned- i havent had much time for it but want to get it up and running. I recently watched my buddy do it to his and hes going to make sure i do it right this time lol. I definitely should have learned how to crawl before i ran. I guess i just wanted to double check with you all before i believed him. Thanks guys- appreciate it

Addicted 2 Minis

Lesson learned- i havent had much time for it but want to get it up and running. I recently watched my buddy do it to his and hes going to make sure i do it right this time lol. I definitely should have learned how to crawl before i ran. I guess i just wanted to double check with you all before i believed him. Thanks guys- appreciate it
These engines in stock form can only be pushed to about 5,000-5,500 RPM before the valves start floating anyhow. Without spending about another $200-$250 on the parts that'll keep it held together longer, it's best not to remove the governor parts. You can still get more performance out of a stock engine by moving the governor spring further out on the arm ( you may need to drill extra holes in the arm ). If you want a bit more performance without spending the extra $$$ with the possibility of keeping your engine together, my advice would be to get a small engine tachometer ( like the one pictured below ) and experiment with spring locations, keeping your RPM's around 5,000 at the most. I have also included a picture of a governor arm that has an extra hole further out, if your arm doesn't have a hole in the location circled in red like in the picture, you can drill one there and move the spring there ( AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ). Again, I'm not telling you to do this but it is safer than just removing the governor altogether.

1623660052725.png 212-1161GOVERNORARM.jpg

Last edited:

SAS289

These engines in stock form can only be pushed to about 5,000-5,500 RPM before the valves start floating anyhow. Without spending about another $200-$250 on the parts that'll keep it held together longer, it's best not to remove the governor parts. You can still get more performance out of a stock engine by moving the governor spring further out on the arm ( you may need to drill extra holes in the arm ). If you want a bit more performance without spending the extra $$$ with the possibility of keeping your engine together, my advice would be to get a small engine tachometer ( like the one pictured below ) and experiment with spring locations, keeping your RPM's around 5,000 at the most. I have also included a picture of a governor arm that has an extra hole further out, if your arm doesn't have a hole in the location circled in red like in the picture, you can drill one there and move the spring there ( AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ). Again, I'm not telling you to do this but it is safer than just removing the governor altogether.

View attachment 279354 View attachment 279356
Agree. The tach I have has a max RPM recall function. Both of my bikes are governed to about 5K RPM, still adjustable and can easily be returned to stock.

If running this way on the stock rod it's a good idea to change the oil often. Very often.