Cub Scout Cubmobile racing

45t

A few of you know already that my son and I are also involved in Cub Scouts. This past weekend my son Logan raced in is final Cubmobile races. He is in fifth grade now and will be aging out of Cub Scouts and cannot race after this year. We have had as much fun building and racing Cubmobile as we have had playing with mini bikes. I thought I'd share some final racing photos. Logan ended up winning all his races (no awards, just the accomplishment).

cub 1.JPG

cub 2.jpg

cub 3.jpg

cub 4.jpg

Very nice 45t!! I bet he had a blast!! What are those wheels and tires from and where can I find them?!! Are they are hard nylon or silicone like a roller blade set no air needed? Thanks for any help!!

45t

Very nice 45t!! I bet he had a blast!! What are those wheels and tires from and where can I find them?!! Are they are hard nylon or silicone like a roller blade set no air needed? Thanks for any help!!
Comtech2000 wheels (made by a wheelchair wheel company)
I purchased the 10" cubmobile wheel, but they carry an 8" version too.

Cubmobile Tires | Edon, OH

45t

Nice! I like that you added a pickup truck bed on the back. :thumbsup: What is the rope/wire running to the back end of each car?
Its a braking rope with an adult attached to it to stop the cars. The leaders found that even though the cars were set up with a brake, the scouts either could not work the brake or it wouldn't stop the car. Even with all the safety of a rope and a brake, scouts still crashed. One scout even rolled his cart once, but he was ok (He swerved sharply and rolled it).