Current Tecumseh Engine "Sham" on ebay

1971_MB1A

Seller roncoiv_o recently posted a Tecumseh engine that claims was from a 1970 Rupp Scrambler item # 314069667907. I let him know it was in no way shape or form even close to being from/for that application as it has the newer style blower housing/pull start cover and also the crankshaft/pto is not even drilled and tapped for a TAV. His reply to me was "Don't waste my time bother someone else" That is straight out consumer FRAUD in my opinion especially when he has it BIN priced at $650.

toomanytoys

Is it really that big of a deal? It’s a nice hs40 with mini bike throttle. Nice muffler. Looks clean.

I wouldn’t pay that much for any motor.

people post rupp on anything minibike related to hit the search

I'm of the opinion that a seller should represent the item accurately. Prob not the biggest deal but it does seem shady to me. Just my .02

Ding Ding

Is it really that big of a deal? It’s a nice hs40 with mini bike throttle. Nice muffler. Looks clean.

I wouldn’t pay that much for any motor.

people post rupp on anything minibike related to hit the search
This.

Rupp is likely the most familiar name the general population associates with mini bikes.

1971_MB1A

Did you report him for misrepresentation?
I did not but he either needs to change his description etc or he should be reported.
This.

Rupp is likely the most familiar name the general population associates with mini bikes.
Yes I get that but it says specifically in the listing that it was removed from a 1970 Rupp Scrambler. (which is totally BS) as the PTO/Crankshaft isn't even drilled/tapped to be able to secure a TAV. Anyone decent would of changed the description of the listing. Guess the seller is just waiting for that 1 person to buy it that does not know until they go to mount the TAV on it. This is total misrepresentation as the engine is not even close to being correct for that application.

Ding Ding

I did not but he either needs to change his description etc or he should be reported.

Yes I get that but it says specifically in the listing that it was removed from a 1970 Rupp Scrambler. (which is totally BS) as the PTO/Crankshaft isn't even drilled/tapped to be able to secure a TAV. Anyone decent would of changed the description of the listing. Guess the seller is just waiting for that 1 person to buy it that does not know until they go to mount the TAV on it. This is total misrepresentation as the engine is not even close to being correct for that application.
I agree. It's one thing to include keyword like "Rupp" somewhere in the listing to attract views, but to blatantly say it came off a specific year and model bike is simply false. In fact, if the description wasn't so specific it would likely increase the number of potential buyers that could use the engine for their application. Just doesn't make any sense and the seller isn't doing anyone any favors, including themselves.

1971_MB1A

Unless the previous owner of the bike installed a later model engine? And the seller has no idea what is supposed to be there?
He knows. He's selling it as a rebuilt engine and it is not even drilled/tapped for a TAV which would of originally been correct on a 1970 Rupp Scrambler and several other Rupp models. He also has another Rupp engine listed for sale that is a real Rupp engine. His reply to me when I suggested that he change the listing description was "so what who cares".

He knows. He's selling it as a rebuilt engine and it is not even drilled/tapped for a TAV which would of originally been correct on a 1970 Rupp Scrambler and several other Rupp models. He also has another Rupp engine listed for sale that is a real Rupp engine. His reply to me when I suggested that he change the listing description was "so what who cares".
To be honest, i would contact ebay and show them his response. Ebay does not like it when sellers misrepresent what they are selling. Or, you could buy his engine, and then demand a refund when it's not a real rupp engine. Hahahahaha j/k