Vintage Cushman Higlander

Cushman Highlander

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's the Picture of what got me to take a 7 1/2 hour road trip to a junk shop in Mansfield Ohio... Really all i wanted was the Husky 8hp but I had to take the whole thing... 850 bucks more than likely not the best deal I ever made but, at least it lives to fight another day.. and the Husky was a fresh rebuild so I'll use that guy on a Restoration later this year. should have saved the seat.... 1.jpg 2.jpg 507713.jpg 20200104_152759.jpg

Put a fork in it the Highlander is finished.. This is the best one yet!! I just had it out in this unseasonably mild and sunny day, I put about 2 miles on it and it will cruse along 35-40 all day long.. and have something left on top very happy with the look this one is exactly what i was going for... I'll add some good shots and a ride video before too long but for now I have a Hot Rod Vw to Start!! 20200203_171740.jpg 20200203_171740.jpg 20200203_171745.jpg 20200203_171822.jpg 20200203_171756.jpg

Seriously KOOL! Please, don't forget the pics when you get it stripped! When you mentioned that I subscribed.

OH, and why not perpetuate this build thread with the VW build? I saw the motor with the Kadrons in one shot. It's like you put that eye candy in the background purposely to torment us. Share ALL your projects sir.

Lead on! :)

Seriously KOOL! Please, don't forget the pics when you get it stripped! When you mentioned that I subscribed.

OH, and why not perpetuate this build thread with the VW build? I saw the motor with the Kadrons in one shot. It's like you put that eye candy in the background purposely to torment us. Share ALL your projects sir.

Lead on! :)
Thanks.. Still looking for a Stripe Guy, I'll find one!! I am all in on the VW..

Finally got a line on some pinstipe guys we will see in the next couple of weeks (who knows I might take a crack at it myself) ... On a positive note I took a winter rip down the street with the new Spring added to the driven.. a little more speed a lot less grab down low.. so its a much better rider..

First attempt at pin Striping.. I used my Daughters Cricket to create 4 different vinyl decals and then layered them on top of each other until i got the result i was after ( the Paint guy wanted way too much to do the job..)... I had this guy out for a rid today due to the unseasonably warm weather.. I want to get a real top speed reading to be sure, but It sure felt like 50+ MPH on the Parkway, i was right there with Traffic..
20200222_154733.jpg

No Video (My Beautiful Assistant said it was too cold) I took a great Social Distancing / Quarantine Rip around my little corner of the world today anyway and she was right!! It looks like a pretty day but it was only about 40 so i froze a little... I really like this bike, lots of fun and I finally got my Proof of insurance from Haggerty today... 20200321_153900.jpg