Cushman Husky

Motra

Cushmans aren't very common on this site. There might be someone here that's Cushman savvy though. Ther are a number of Cushman collector sites that might be more informative for you, here's one: Cushman Club of America | SCOOTERS FOR SALE

Certainly not trying to push you away, just trying to help. Stick around and keep us updated. You just might even have the minibike bug bite you too.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One thing to note, it's kinda odd that this site doesn't usually cover cushman scooters, because if I type "cushman scooter forum" into google, this site is the first one listed.

Anyway, here's what I found out:

It's a 1954 ( or late '53 ) Cushman Barrel Springer Eagle. One of the first Eagle Series introduced in 1951 and continued thru mid '55'

This is quoted from the guys response:

"-The seat is alien non-original crap and everything attached to it except the luggage rack and perhaps the seat support frame which I could not see.
-The Engine appears original..5HP unit..2 speed tranny..
-If engine is not stuck from storage, will turn over via the kick starter on frontal side of engine, you would be safe bidding a max of $750 to $800. Parts are readily available to support a restoration or simply to bring unit up to rideability."

Dick DeBuse

Cushman engine

M indicates air cooled engine
8 indicates 2-7/8" bore
5 indicates magneto (I think this is for 6V Wico with lighting coil)

Original scooter engines were hand stamped with the scooter model.
765 = Eagle
67 = 60 series truckster with 2 speed transmission, single wheel in rear, 2 wheels in front

Stroke = 2-3/4"
This should be the one-piece block with curved cooling fins.
Probably 7 hp

toomanytoys

I actually had the same Cushman a few years ago.

Bring your wallet when looking for parts. I got mine to running condition and traded it for a Vespa Allstate scooter. Then sold that scooter for quite a lot of cash..

I am new to this forum. I am a Cushman owner. Not a scooter snob but just a old guy that remembers all the OLD SCHOOL mini bikes and loves to see them. Check out my pictures of the 1950 Cushman
I really enjoyed restoring it. I do not have the original motor so I used a 212cc Preditor to get it on the road. I hope to sell it or find a husky motor.

I am new to this forum. I am a Cushman owner. Not a scooter snob but just a old guy that remembers all the OLD SCHOOL mini bikes and loves to see them.
There are a couple for sale in my area. All restored, big bucks, owned by aging hot rodders.

There are many of us here who remain interested in old school mini bikes, but many more who like Chinese motors because they run better, are cheaper, and easier to modify.

In fact, I am contemplating putting a Toyota 2JZE motor in a 65 Mustang, because the 289 is outdated, not as powerful, and not as plentiful. :laugh: (Just rolling with the rationale)

Nice photo of your wife on your Cushman in the other thread. :thumbsup: