Customer service? Yeah right.

Not mini bike related, but more of a rant on some terrible Customer Service I'm getting. Talk about ineptness!
Be forewarned if you rent from U-haul!
Bought another race car on Saturday to replace the one we wrecked at Road Atlanta. My son and his buddy picked up a
U-haul trailer in Maryland, to trailer it back to Florida. Figured it was easier than towing our car hauler all the way up there and then back. My bad.

In South Carolina on I-95,the middle of nowhere apparently to U-haul, a tire blows on the trailer. Luckily no damage to the car or truck. They call U-haul tell em what happend and they need help. U-haul tells them they have no service in the area and will dispatch nearest unit.

4 hours later some guy shows up with a tire. Note: the wheel is obviously bent, and they were told this in the phone call.
He tries to mount the tire and then comes over and tells them they sent the wrong size tire, and the wheel is bent. :doah:

He has to make some calls to locate the correct wheel/tire, and he leaves.

2 more hours pass. He's back, located a wheel, to fit the wrong size tire. Gets tire mounted on wheel. Why he didn't mount it at the shop is in question, as he has to manually mount it there. Goes to install the wheel and finds out it's got the wrong bolt pattern for the trailer. :doah::doah: Another hour shot.

More phone calls, and he leaves again.

2 more hours and son gets a call from U-haul. They tell him they found a wheel but it will take another another 4 hours to get it to the shop. Son asks about it being for the wrong size tire, and is it going to be safe? They don't know anything about it, and would have to check with service, and will call back.

Half hour goes by and U-haul calls again. They tell my son it's the only tire they have as the tire shops are closed on Sunday. And that they shouldn't exceed 35 mph with it. That means staying off of I-95 and taking back roads, around a hundred miles and they can pick up another trailer.

So there they sit, still waiting on a maybe wheel/tire, over 10 hours later. And if it fits, they'll have to drive 100 miles on a questionable setup, on back roads, to pick up another trailer. Oh and to do so, they have to partially disassemble the front and back of the car to get it off the trailer, then reassemble it once back on the new trailer.

Cripes this is not my idea of Customer Service.:censure:

Yeah with my past dealings with u-haul I wouldn't rent from them if it was free.

X2 on pictures. You can't say race car without pictures of said car. I might be a drag racer/4x4 racer but I still like looking at cars from other forms of racing.

I'll post some pictures when I get home. This is a car for road racing, 2006 Mitsubishi EVO 9, we run Road Atlanta, Sebring and Stark Florida. As it is we gave up on U-Haul. Called told them to come pick up the trailer and they are driving the car back. Should be fun, no tags no registration, not really what you would call street legal. Be like running the Cannonball 3000. Most likely ruin the tires on the car, but at this point it is what it is.

U-Haul is a franchise and many underqualified idiots have gotten themselves one it would seem. I hate renting anything but keeping a fleet of vehicles is not easy. I got way behind and let my 1 ton sit so long the brake calipers froze solid, had to beat the brakes off that SOB with a BFH. Now I have to replace lines and calipers and then find out what is up with the rears, a dually too so yehaw here we go. It sucks that such an awesome venture can be ruined by incompetent fools, we live and we learn.

Ok here's some shots, first two the new car, pre us getting our grubby hands on it and making a race car out of it.
3rd one is what the other one looked like when racing.
4th/5th are what happens when someone dumps oil on the track and you hit the wall not once but twice around 140 mph.

Anywho they just made it home safely. And a funny. Get off the last exit, car sputtering on gas fumes. Coast into a gas station.
Where 7 cop cars are parked. :doah: Thought for sure they were going to get nailed 5 minutes from home, but luckily the cops didn't pay attention to a quiet car pulling in. Had to wait till the cops left to fire up the car.

Attachments