Cyclops L 400 Survivor

Sprocket repaired, making progress

Had a friend with a lathe, cut the weld off the old jacked up sprocket(shown first) replaced with a new, slightly used, sprocket that I found here on the forum.

Still working on the old H30, have a clone that I am building out if I cannot get the old engine going, need to get a new rear tire and tube mounted on this wheel, and an engine on the frame and I will have a rider.

Got distracted, wanted to ride this thing

Well, while I was failing at getting the original H30 up and running and waiting on crankshafts and misc other parts, I got distracted with this 2010, new in the box, Lifan that I bought 5 years ago at HF, and decided to see if I could have some fun with a build on this Chinese clone. I put a NR Racing, stage three kit in it: mod 2 cam, billet rod, Honda flywheel w 8deg timing key, bored Honda Carb, header, K&N filter w/ adapter and 26lb springs. I removed the governor and LO sensor. This was my first clone build and I appreciate all the help available on the forum that enabled me to get this thing done. I ran 2 break-in oil changes thru the engine today and actually got the old Cyclops up and running with this engine and rode the bike for the first time today although I used an ASUSA rear wheel /4.5 " brake that I had laying around rather than the original rear wheel/ 5"brake and sprocket. I am going to get the original rear wheel powder coated before I fight mounting a tire on that thing. I also had to mod the mount for a GX120 gas tank to make it work with this engine, and fit under the frame of the bike, but it worked out well with just a small piece of alum angle and flat stock. She cranked easily the first time, idles and runs good across the spectrum and it is going to be a good cruiser for the neighborhood as long as they like a little noise. I am still working on the H-30 and hope to get it on the bike soon, but this little beast may make it hard to go back to 3HP .

Twin Cyclops L 400's 67',68'

Rode both of the twins today. One is fully restored less original engine, the other is still in it's aged state, with after market wheels and a built clone. When I get its original H30 running, I will go back with the H30, the original wheels, sprocket, and brake. Meanwhile I am going to play on it with the clone. Going to have an extra engine soon. Does anyone have a Cyclops L 400 frame/roller that they would part with?

I am new can you tell me how to send a private message i looked and dont see it thank you
If you're on a PC, put your cursor on his avatar, a box will appear, click "Start conversation" in that box. You can also click "Start conversation" on the member's profile page. On a phone, tap the member's avatar.

old shed finds

Twin Cyclops L 400's 67',68'

Rode both of the twins today. One is fully restored less original engine, the other is still in it's aged state, with after market wheels and a built clone. When I get its original H30 running, I will go back with the H30, the original wheels, sprocket, and brake. Meanwhile I am going to play on it with the clone. Going to have an extra engine soon. Does anyone have a Cyclops L 400 frame/roller that they would part with?

Geez what a nice spot to ride.!

GustoGuy

I am going to try and get that H30 going before this one hurts me.

I bet the Cyclops flies with a built clone on it. I have a stage 1 mildly modified Harbor Freight Predator 212cc on my original style frame Doodle Bug DB30 and it was a wheelie machine and nearly unrideable by inexperienced members of my family until I put 12lbs of steel plate on the frame. 8lbs over the front wheel and 4lbs down low on the frame in front of the engine got rid of the bike wanting to lift the front wheel. You may actually be disappointed with the performance of the Tecumseh H30 after riding it with a built clone with well over twice the horsepower.