DAD AND SON

JohnC

When I was a young kid I remember riding with my dad to school in the T bucket. I thought He was the coolest guy on planet earth. I fell in love with mini bikes hot rods and wanting to shine like him. Its crazy how you can love care cherish look up to your own father and never once have i ever felt I was even someone he looks forward to see. I dont need to share my problems , I just aint scared and think its time that someone speaks up about Fathers who think they are so great but the truth is they are selfish, heartless , and have no shame in showing respect to the lowest of low before there own children who spill there hearts out to him. I ended up hangin with bad friends in my early teens which later turned into a pill addiction. An i am aware of the whole i made my own choices. But how many days would your mentallly suffer inside knowing something you could take would make you feel happy for a short while. At a early age you dont know any better just want to fill the dark hole inside. Most people think drug users just are lazy and wana party but it comes from a co occuring mental issue in many different forms. I dont want kids becasue I believe since I am the Last Male to have the option to let the COKINOS NAME LIVE ON.... Well l would never give a family of such lowness a chance to let there name live on if it means im lonley and single forever becuase I rather be that way than have another kid ever come in this world to feel the way i did. My dad was handed so much money from his fathers properties including my aunts and uncles on that side. I couldnt stand going to family functions watchig these fake people shine in there expensive cars and clothes and i never hated on anyone. I just hated that me and my sister were simply never included in anything period. Instead we were blessed with a AMAZING mother that never had much to give us but always did what she could and her genuine love which is most import no one could top her Love. My dad later remarried a woman that he once told my sister that he could never marry her because she doesnt love his kids. well they got married, An its no suprise my aunts on my dads side and almost all the cousins talk down on me and my sister, My dad knows and has never defended us but of course thats his income and without his daddys money he would have to had worked a job. smh.... I mean when u hear your dad say to you in your face he is leaving me and my sisters real home that we lived in untill my parents divorced to make sure his new wife has a place to live. An its shocks me he is so worried about a woman over his kids mainly from his previous wife my mother. I have held so much in and I feel that making sure everyone sees this will make me proud. When you try your hardest to do right get off the bad habbits and sucseed and your own father has more than enouff money reources to help you create a busness or something along those lines. That still involves hard work and dedication that I am capable off but in his eyes im looking for a hand out. I guess when I walk in his home and see the furniture that cost as much as a car that no one uses or would even want use because its so nice only stuck up heartless tyoes could relate so u know that aint flyin with me. I will never in my life disrespect my dad i would jump in front of bullet right after i post this if i had to becuase i was born with a good heart. I guess some just are different. I hope some who reads this at least understands how us kids think with our parnets and maby some parents might make some changes that willl prevent there kid up 8am wondering why day after day min after min seconds to so many years still wondering why one could ever bring a child in to this world if he didnt intend on doing everything in his power to help him grow and sucseed. Forgive my spelling i been up all night thinking about My dad and its been going on a long time. When I recently knew for sure his true colors I would call say hey dad are you busy ima come by . but when you get there he say my uber is almost here gotta cut it short Tommy is taking me drink beers and eat crabs. Last eye opener that really made things clear was when Tommy threw him a suprise party and i never even knew or was invited. So the fact my dad can live happy knowing that didnt bother him shows everything i needed to verify this wasnt my fault all this time. Last but not LEAST God blessed me with a mother that is a true Angel.

Delete if not allowed You can remove me to but I I cant stand seing how many fathers actually look foward to and enjoy working on mini bikes and hot rods together that my case must be rare because i can do the work my father just has no interest in bonding. So I feel that if a father spent his life raising his kids to ride mini bike and play with slot cars and real cars. Well the son is going to think His dad is his role model. I made my rolemodel a mistake becuase it only leaves you with the fact you only were taught to play . You cant be learning how to live a independent life if your raised by somone who was giving everything. House More money than u can think of from his daddy. While i cant get a ahead enough to pursue any dreams. I feel if one of your parents has to much money handed down that if he didnt prepare his son for college life or school life . He could at least for example help buy his son a car to re sell. together a few times once i sell a couple he get his moeny paid in full and I can actually make something happen in life. DOnt get me wrong i will do it my self sooner or later. But I dont get invited to his birthdays he never spend christmas with me or my sister. I hate to vent here but i feel like im owed to be able to say how I feel at the least. Whats more general anyways? I woud be woking up at 9pm to go street drag racing ona middle school night. An he has the nerve to blame me for chasing a exciting life style. Life sux with out a dad thatmakes u feel appriciated so where ever this leads. Im ready for it. It can get no worse. Its too bad JimmyC I would die for you but your just mean disrespectful and hurtful, and you deff dont lead by examples like you always tell me I should do. I'm just happy God is my real Father.

I can’t get into details here but I have had some similar issues.
I feel your pain, it’s a very hard thing to learn that people you have idolized your whole life are completely different people than you thought they were as a kid. Kids are young and naive and see the good in people and basically believe what they are told. And adults sometimes take advantage of that to hide their behavior until you become older and smarter and can put 2&2 together.

Don’t know what I can say to help you, but I hope you can find some peace in your life.
Good luck!

Edit-
BTW my parents grew up poor, and so did we so just know that the same thing can happen even without the financial security that you mentioned.

old shed finds

This whole article hits the heart...as well as tears trying to text this my dad was simply too busy....
He got me a go kart but was missing a clutch as I asked for months for a clutch to get it going it never happened I recall getting my clutch and having it not work because the engine was a pto gear reduction. So didn't spin fast enough so im 12 or so during all this I used a 3 arm pulley puller to lock up the clutch to drive this thing....
My dad was simply too busy......
All of this kinda childhood has scared me as a result of having 25 mini bike tote Gotes 3 go karts 30 or more Briggs and tecumseh engines.and clutches oh hell I can't buy or have enough of them...
So my own son he got spoiled at everything we rode bikes or go karts every Saturday. Still do..
But Dad I love you always will....

JohnC

Oh yeah I hit the age. For sure. An I will make sure everyone who plays there part knows exactly where I stand. I spoke my mind to two more fools today. An its feels so great. Thanks for the love and comments. Yall be safe

Addicted 2 Minis

When I was growing up, we didn't have a whole lot of money, most everything I had was a hand-me-down and needed to be fixed before I could use it. My dad was always busy too but with three mouths to feed and a farm to maintain, getting some dad time wasn't always easy. My bikes where all trash picks and I had to build them from scraps. when I was nine or ten I had a go-kart, the recoil broke and my dad said he would look at it when he got home from work. I knew that probably wasn't going to happen as he was always wrapped up in other things. While he was at work, I took it apart and found the notch on the spring was broken where it goes through the housing. I ground a new notch in it, wound it back up after many failed attempts and had it going by the time he came home from work. In my case, it was the absence of my dad showing me how to fix it or fixing it for me that motivated me to do it myself. It's these little things we do as we grow up that make us who we are, I used to be embarrassed because all my friends had new BMX bikes and I had some trash picked piece of crap. Later in life I realized, if it wasn't for those trash picked bikes and all the hand-me-downs, I wouldn't be who I am today or have the jobs that got me here. I wish you peace and hope you find what good may come from what you may not see as being so, everything does happen for a reason and it seems it is making you a stronger person whether you believe it or not.

A2M

Yeah, my home life and school days sucked because my old man always put us kids down. He'd often say ''you're an idiot, you'll never amount to anything''. I was the youngest of 7 and I saw how it affected my older brothers and sisters. I decided to have kids early and cut it off at 2 thinking age and numbers made him that way. Later realizing you make your family what it is by treating your wife and kids decent no matter how many or what the age gap is. I was determined to have a good family and always wanted more kids. Luckily as mine got older we were able to baby sit my niece, then I started having grand kids, now great grand kids. In between I mentored a bunch of hi school boys building motorized bikes. I was somehow always able to fill the void of not having children around. They keep you young and active. If I was to give advice to anyone not wanting children for whatever reason, I would suggest at least getting involved with younger people interested in your own passions and hobbies. I really enjoy mentoring. It is very rewarding and ads to the things that make you want to get up every day and enjoy life.

JohnC

I could care less about the money. I was always around mini bikes its dirt bikes and drag racing hot rods , so of course I am gong to love that stuff now all I wanted was us to be like best friends making the cars cool and learning his tricks, but it was always if you cant work on it dont own it. got older flew rc helicopters which he introduced me into gave that because I got pretty dam quick and he didnt even try to particpate in me making a name for my self . Wouldnt go to Main events like I did your hobby and again and you dont even want to go to coolest biggest event with me. Its hard to to attend a big event by your self . So I gave all that up. Now I have only hurt my self from trying to everything possible being let down than I go find my self doing stupid shit and its a on going cycle. I dont even care anymore tho. I am going to ride my mini bikes when I can drive my camaro till it blows up and what ever happends in life so be it.. It sux its even come to this but you get immune to it after its been this way so long so its just another .... "Here we go again" I know one thing if I had a kid I dont care what he or she does I would make sure I did everything I could in my power to be there threw thick and thin and to make sure they never have to question my love and loyalty. Because that's should be the only way to be a parent.

PatrickCraik

Sorry to read most of these posts,had to be rough. My Dad wasnt around much,for no good reason,just selfishness. He wasnt abusive,just the opposite,he tried building us up and tried in his own way to compensate by getting us learning toys,gadgets. My friend down the street got a new Lil Indian around 1968,we loved it and of course I wanted one. Well, a new one was out of the question but my Dad got us a beater with a great running Clinton and loose rope start. I loved that thing. My mom made it go away,GRRR! I got a car wash job @ age 12 and started saving for a new Ruttman. I saved up half and my dad gave me the other half and I was the proud owner of a brand new orange Horny Toad. My dad seriously let us down in many ways but as time goes by that stuff fades and the few good things become my memories.