Damn Pack rat neighbor !

When i worked in the fire service we occasionally had people who lived in trash like that,pigtrails through the house to get from room to room,and piles of tires in the house!It made for an interesting 3am fire call.:shrug:

sorry.......didnt mean to interfere with this thread........just thinkin out loud i guess......i know what it is like to live next to someone like that........its just sad:sad:

45t

sorry.......didnt mean to interfere with this thread........just thinkin out loud i guess......i know what it is like to live next to someone like that........its just sad:sad:
Your right about the mental illness part. OCD (obsessive compulsive personality disorder) is what they suffer from. Hoarders have an extreme case where they find they cannot get rid of anything because they have an emotional connection with the object(s). Others buy and stock certain items (toilet paper for example). I have a co-worker that his wife is a hoarder. She cannot throw away anything, but she especially has a problem with newspapers and empty plastic bags that shredded cheese comes in. He wants his house to burn down, just to take care of the mess. He also doesn't have much to do with his wife anymore and sleeps in a different part of the house then her. Very sad. The illness alienates everyone who is close to the person who has the problem.

well not to make light of the matter....i think minibiking can make me a little ocd....i keep telling myself i dont need that 65.00 dollar minibike with 2 extra engines that i saw on cl today...........if its still there i may have to make an offer.:shrug::scooter:

well not to make light of the matter....i think minibiking can make me a little ocd....i keep telling myself i dont need that 65.00 dollar minibike with 2 extra engines that i saw on cl today...........if its still there i may have to make an offer.:shrug::scooter:
thats not ocd....thats common sense.... go get em

Ed, i'm glad to hear things are ok with you and your home.

Hope the municipality is more pro-active in getting her to meet and stick to whatever sort of codes they have to help protect you and your other neighbors.

Take care.

Neck

Growing up is optional
In this economy with all the budget cuts going on with City's, it'll probably get swept under the proverbial rug some more!