Danford1 1975 Rupp Roadster2 Vintage Open Class

1975 Rupp Roadster2 Vintage Open Class. It has a flathead 5hp Briggs with Mikuni carb on it now. I have a 94SS cam to put in it when I rebuild the engine. I'll be keeping the Briggs on it hence the Open class.

My plan is to paint it the Magenta/Purple 75 Rupp color. I still have some paint from the last 75 Rupp I restored :)

Danford1

I entered another one today.
Last year Minibikes were all I had going through the winter. I was able to complete all 4 builds.
This year I have a couple other things going and so far NO time for any of it :-(
I'm hoping February will allow me time to work on things.
Danford1

I finally got some time today to work on my minibike projects. I disassembled the Rupp and I'm getting ready to remove the paint and get things ready to paint. I'm not sure when I'll get back at it though...

Danford1

No pictures just a quick update. I took all the pieces to get Sandblasted and Powder Coated Yesterday.
I'll post pictures when I get it back.
Danford1

I sandblasted the gas tank. I'll be filling in the dents and using automotive Urethane paints as they are more fuel proof. Rattle can spray paints aren't...
This will be the Rupp Magenta/Purple color. LOL probably the only color on the build. The fenders are chrome and the frame and engine will be black. Hmmmmmmm. I might paint the Briggs engine shroud the Magenta/Purple color too now that I think about it.

Danford1

Last edited:
I got my parts back from the powder coater today.
I'll be painting that front fender the Magenta/Purple color along with the gas tank and lower portion of rear shocks.
Now I need to find time to work on it :-(
Danford1

Last edited:
Lookin good! Can't wait to see your finished bike
Me too :)
I just need some time to do it. I have a couple cars that need all of my time and attention right now.
I tried working on both cars and minibikes at the same time but just don't have the space to do that properly :-(

Danford1

I found time to put the minibike together. I mounted an old flathead 5 hp Briggs with Mikuni carb. I added a torque converter cover from a China TC kit, put on new Rupp gas tank decals from Black Widow Motorsports along with my new gas cap and went for a test ride. It felt good to ride the Rupp again :)
Here are a couple pictures and the ride video.
This build is done. One more to finish up...
Danford1

[video=vimeo;266582886]https://vimeo.com/266582886[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks. That Briggs Barely fits in there. The spark plug boot is touching the gas tank mount. Only a short spark plug will fit in there.

I rode it around the streets for awhile today. I'm happy with it. It rides good and runs well which is what I wanted :)

Danford1

Here is a combined ride video of my two build off bikes. This time I show the coffee cup I forgot to show in the first video.
The build is complete :)
Danford1

[video=vimeo;272110176]https://vimeo.com/272110176?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749[/video]