DAVID WULF'S - Scratch Build - (Anything Goes)

buckeye

I had the day off so I worked on the mini . First thing I did was to get the seat and gas tank mounts on the frame . The tank is mounted in what some might say is backward but it's how it's going to be . The wide part is facing the front and then it tapers back , it's the same as any old school motorcycle . The tank is also rubber mounted . The brake needed a tap welded to the frame to hold it from turning , it also had to be slotted so the wheel can be adjusted . And the main reason is cause the pit cock is in a position that it only works this way , and barely works at that .Also got the rear chain on , needed that so I can figure out the brake foot peddle and lingage . And last but not least I got the foot pegs on and halfway welded .
That thing looks fantastic.
Excellent!

Looks great David :thumbsup: I think the tank looks fine, I think the only thing I would have done differently is I would have put a slight bend to the back on the handle bars :shrug:

Looks great David :thumbsup: I think the tank looks fine, I think the only thing I would have done differently is I would have put a slight bend to the back on the handle bars :shrug:
Randy thanks for the compliment . I really though of having a slight bent but when you sit on her and put your hands out they are perfect where they are . But I'am still considering it , when I welded the top portion I had them clamped down but the bars warped up with the heat from the welding . Didn't have them clamped that way . So I have to heat them up and straighten them up some , I may tweek them back a hair when I do .

Randy thanks for the compliment . I really though of having a slight bent but when you sit on her and put your hands out they are perfect where they are . But I'am still considering it , when I welded the top portion I had them clamped down but the bars warped up with the heat from the welding . Didn't have them clamped that way . So I have to heat them up and straighten them up some , I may tweek them back a hair when I do .
Some one finally did it! Tee Bar ape hangers on a mini!!! simply a work of art david! what?? no disc brakes???? :thumbsup:

Today I got the header built for the bike and this motor . Also thanks to Randy ( Harley's papa ) I pulled the front end off the bike and clamped it down , although I filled the bars up with sand first . Then pulled out the torch and bent the bars back a little . After doing so I've decided they are better this way .
I also got the brake pedal on and for moch up a threaded rod tying them together and it seems to work well , it locks up . Will be using a 5/16 rod with heim joints on each end .

Looking good to me David. I can tell you are having a good time with this one. That's what it's all about. Looks like a bike that could take some rough riding and come out okay. :thumbsup:

Want to say thanks guys and girls for the kind words . I'am thinking I may take her for a ride next weekend, my TEC motor won't be done but I have a hot clone that can power her for a test run .

Well today I got all the welding done on the frame and I've decided to go a different direction with the power for now . My HS50 piston is on back order and this thing is almost ready to ride . I need a 1" throttle and a fuel line and my brake lingage, and she will run . For the initial testing my red clone will be used , and hell it my stay . But I got it bolted on with the clutch installed and the primary chain on . I have the header off of my brother Dougs rupp the pipe cracked and I'am supposed to fix it , well I did . He is in Hawaii working for a month or so , he won't know will he . And the damn thing fits perfectly.