DB-30 running issue

I can almost always get it running with 3 or 4 pulls, but to keep it running is another issue, if I give it some gas, it tends to stall and then it is very hard to restart, Sometimes just driving down the street it will stall, Gas tank is new and clean, Carb is new, spark plug is black and sooty, what to do????

I can almost always get it running with 3 or 4 pulls, but to keep it running is another issue, if I give it some gas, it tends to stall and then it is very hard to restart, Sometimes just driving down the street it will stall, Gas tank is new and clean, Carb is new, spark plug is black and sooty, what to do????

Check your airfilter and see if its dirty. Sounds like its running rich. Is it a stock motor?

Check your airfilter and see if its dirty. Sounds like its running rich. Is it a stock motor?
Yes it is a stock motor, I bought the Doodle Bug New 6 or 7 years ago, we played aeound with it for a few months and then it sat in the shed for years, the gas tank was rusted anf full of varnish tha carb bowl was the same so I just orederd a new carb and tank and now I am having thrse issues.

What is a Predator engine?

A predator engine is a series of small engines that include a 79cc 212cc, 301cc 420cc, and 670cc engine. Tbe most common used on mini bikes and go kart is a predator 212. A predator is a clone of a Honda GX200. Is the carburetor on your bike still full of varnish? Did you take the main jet and E tube right under the main jet. You can access it by taking the float bowl bolt off which is a 10mm and youll see a bronze jet under where the bolt tightens down in. You can usally get it out with a screwdriver but some are tamperproof and are one way only. Use some carb cleaner and spray out. Also check your governor linkage is set up right. If the little springs get damaged it can sometimes cause the engine to not run.

A predator is a clone of a Honda GX200.
That is incorrect. A 6.5 clone is a clone of a GX200. There are many parts for a GX200, or clone of, that won't fit a 212 Predator. It gets even messier if you start looking into compatibility with the 212 Hemi, Tillotson and Ducar engines. Then you have the 6.5 clones that come in some Coleman bikes that use a different crank.

SAS289

That is incorrect. A 6.5 clone is a clone of a GX200. There are many parts for a GX200, or clone of, that won't fit a 212 Predator. It gets even messier if you start looking into compatibility with the 212 Hemi, Tillotson and Ducar engines. Then you have the 6.5 clones that come in some Coleman bikes that use a different crank.
Exactly. I've heard people say the clone is kinda like a Predator, as if the clone is something new. Clones were out years before the 212.

A friend of mine just sold a NOS HF clone that I have been asking him about for years. I told him no one wants the 196's anymore and offered $50 for it. He ended up getting the $80 he wanted for it all this time. This was not a Greyhound and we figure it was from around 2005 or so.

And those Hisun engines used in the Coleman 200's. Swap out to a 3/4" crank and you have a true clone.

Well my bad then. Of course everything isnt interchangeable but its still basically a copy of a gx200 "style" engine with larger stroke and bore and all the other shit thats different between them. There all pretty much just the same run of the mill 6.5 hp style ohv engine if you thinking in general terms like i am. I know that if you wanna get more specific about it that some of the rotating assemblies are different between them and dont interchange. And the cylinder heads are hemis or non hemis .When i said the predator was a clone of the gx 200, i didnt mean a 196cc clone engine. I was using the word as synonym for the word copy. Not refering to the 196cc "clone". I didnt mean to cause confusion or say incorrect statements. Thanks for the information as well from you guys.

Ive never swapped cranks or nothing between blocks, heads or anything internal on these small engines so i dont fully understand what can interchange and what cannot. Its cool that you can do all these things with these motors. Predators are pretty much small block chevys of the small engine world.