Db tire selection advice

2SlickNick

Hey everyone,

Just wanted some input or info on a better tire selection.
The tire will be for rear wheel doodlebug .
I am going to order a rib tire, because I have those in the past and had good experience with those.

I will 90% of the time be riding on the road .

I want to get a 13" tire and having trouble as should I get the
13x5-6 rib tire or 13x6.5-6 rib tire.

I have had the 13x6.5-6 pocket bike tire on before and was just looking for opinions and input on my future choice.
As I want to purchase these tonight. Thanks.

Last edited:

2SlickNick

Well...I went ahead and ordered the 4 ply 13x6.5-6 rib tire. As I had before - I see where most people use the 13x5-6 for the front wheel. I was just thinking a skinnier rear wheel might allow to lean a little more into corners.

2SlickNick

Post pics when you get the tires. I would like to see what they look like. Thanks.
No problem...
I should have ordered a 13x5-6 too just to put on other DB. Maybe in the future. The 5" wide is only 2ply, while the 6.5" wide is 4 ply.

I also run all pocket bike front wheels 90x65-8.

The Sno-Hogs are my favorite tire !

Thank you! Good to know my research has paid off. I'm ordering them tomorrow. Only question is, will i have to order a tire tube as well. Or can i use the one that is on there already.

I know how to change a tire on my jeep cherokee, but not my doodlebug lol

2SlickNick

I like to order my tires from Walmart... They are lower cost and free shipping.

My tire came in yesterday and just as i expected the 13x6.5-6 is a little wide... I had to shim my brake rotor with 3 flat m6 washers between wheel hub and rotor. I ordered that tire because it was 4 ply, donut last longer.

Next time I will order the 13x5-6.

I like to order my tires from Walmart... They are lower cost and free shipping.

My tire came in yesterday and just as i expected the 13x6.5-6 is a little wide... I had to shim my brake rotor with 3 flat m6 washers between wheel hub and rotor. I ordered that tire because it was 4 ply, donut last longer.

Next time I will order the 13x5-6.

Im looking to order 15x5x6. I doubt that i would have to modify anything. Correct? I have a doodlebug DB30 the newer models.

I'm sure they are fine , what is shipping ? Seems I normally pay just over $50 for 2 tires with shipping from Summit Racing !
When i selected to order two, it came out to $53.89. That number is with shipping included. Sounds fair enough, I want to order two, just so both sides match. And everything is even.