DB30 Problems

I recently bought this DB30 off of my friend for 50 bucks. I was told that there was a gas leak and the carb needed a tuning. I decided to put some gas in it to see if it would run as is. It ran for about 5 minutes then it died. My friend and I noticed there was a trail of gas behind me. So I took it home and i took the carb off of the engine (stock Baja 97cc) and took it apart to figure out that the float was stuck. so I put it back together and there was no leak. I put new oil in it, tested the spark plug and it is still good. I also forgot to mention that this has been sitting for at least 5 years and i emptied the oil and there were chunks coming out. Can you help me to get my mini bike running again? I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

If its been setting that long (5 years) you better clean the tank, carb and put a filter in line some where before the carb. Those little carbs are notoris for giving problems and leaking. New carb off ebay for less than $20.00. JMO

okay. Im just trying to get this engine running so i can sell it and buy a pred 6.5.. im working on it with another friend of mine this weekend so ill be sure to mention that and look on ebay. thanks!

Oh! I just remembered that when i got the mini bike, the tank was dry as dirt.but the oil was still in there :doah: well i want to sell the engine so i can use that money for the engine.

I would recommend spending some more time (but not much $$) getting the engine running- Step up to the challenge! You can always install a HF Predator later for (much) improved performance. There IS a market for the used DB engine. My son sold his at full asking price of $ 40.00 within 2 days on Craig's list, and applied that to the Predator he eventually bought new for $ 100.00.
Michael
Michael

I got the engine running and it runs great! It tops around 30 mile per hour and this week im working around to get the money for a pred 212 because i live at a place with a lot of hills and that little 2.8 isnt cutting it. Thanks for all of the help!

I got $40 for my used motor with a leaking carb gasket, just depends if the right person is looking. IMO I would keep it for a future project or even just to take apart and reassemble for small engine experience. It isn't often you get to play with a motor you don't need. :detective:

I got the engine running and it runs great! It tops around 30 mile per hour and this week im working around to get the money for a pred 212 because i live at a place with a lot of hills and that little 2.8 isnt cutting it. Thanks for all of the help!
Good job sticking with it and getting it running! Now go get that Predator and REALLY have some fun. You can sell this motor to recoup some of your costs for the new engine.
Michael