Db30r question

Just picked up a Db30r for a steal. Want to put in a predator 212. Does a torque converter fit on this frame? Thank you in advance.

Ps any pictures of your builds greatly appreciated!!

It'll fit. You might have to cut the bottom part off. There are videos on how to do it. Some folks will try to lift the motor up by adding washers or square tubing under the engine. That takes space away that you'll need to install the motor with that gas tank. Watch this video.
This video will show you where they cut it. I didn't watch the whole video because I just wanted to find one that will show you where the possible cut will need to be.

I have a question, I'm trying to mount the torque converter to the predator motor exactly like you did, but that is that thread pattern on the back of the Predator engine?
The bolts that came with it, don't seam to fit, it feels like it's cross-threading the cast engine block.
I've tried other metric bolts and nothing threads in (by hand) more than 1 turn. I don't want to just wrench them in, because I don't think they will evr come out.
Did you have any trouble with the threaded mounting holes on the Predator engine?

Thanks
Gadget Man

I have a question, I'm trying to mount the torque converter to the predator motor exactly like you did, but that is that thread pattern on the back of the Predator engine?
The bolts that came with it, don't seam to fit, it feels like it's cross-threading the cast engine block.
I've tried other metric bolts and nothing threads in (by hand) more than 1 turn. I don't want to just wrench them in, because I don't think they will evr come out.
Did you have any trouble with the threaded mounting holes on the Predator engine?

Thanks
Gadget Man
The Chinese TCs come with metric bolts, you need SAE bolts.
https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/predator-212cc-mounting-bolt-kit-for-tav2-torque-converter.html