DB30R steering stem bearings

Hi guys!
I just purchased my first minibike since I was a child about 30 years ago. I am excited to get it going. It is a pretty rough Baja Doodlebug DB30R. My plans are fairly conservative. Mostly, it would be nice to see it in good mechanical and visual shape. The only upgrades are going to be oil forks in the front and a 212 engine. Anyway, I was wondering what the proper or "best" way to get the old bearings out for the steering stem. I did not want to go caveman on it and start breaking things already. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

A
Hi guys!
I just purchased my first minibike since I was a child about 30 years ago. I am excited to get it going. It is a pretty rough Baja Doodlebug DB30R. My plans are fairly conservative. Mostly, it would be nice to see it in good mechanical and visual shape. The only upgrades are going to be oil forks in the front and a 212 engine. Anyway, I was wondering what the proper or "best" way to get the old bearings out for the steering stem. I did not want to go caveman on it and start breaking things already. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
A long, thin tapered flat-nosed punch and a smallish ball-pein hammer. Our punch is about the size of a number two pencil.

Thanks! I will give it a shot!
A

A long, thin tapered flat-nosed punch and a smallish ball-pein hammer. Our punch is about the size of a number two pencil.
It worked like a charm! This bike has been stored outside. The sleeve between the bearings was seized in place. It was not obvious that the sleeve should move out of the way to get to the bearing edge. When I first attempted, I could not get a grip on the bearing. After messing with it for a bit, the sleeve slipped over a little. It was easy after that.

It worked like a charm! This bike has been stored outside. The sleeve between the bearings was seized in place. It was not obvious that the sleeve should move out of the way to get to the bearing edge. When I first attempted, I could not get a grip on the bearing. After messing with it for a bit, the sleeve slipped over a little. It was easy after that.
Thanks!!!!