Dead spot in Carb

Want a little more torque and the stock carb is jetted but seems to have no response down low. The motor is a 6.5 Honda clone 196cc I believe, the motor has a small cam bp2 cam and a .10 over bsp rod. Motor has good mid range torque but I would love to be able to break traction as soon as I hit throttle it goes and pops the front end up. I though maybe a Mikuni with a good rich low side. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

How about sticking a bigger rear sprocket on it? Maybe play with the gearing a bit? A lot of this will depend on your tires, as well. I have a shed full of 5" karting wheels (slicks). I'll send you one for the price of shipping (I'll send them all to you for the price of shipping), but you'd need a good 5" wheel for it. I'm running snow hogs, and there's no slipping there. It will wheelie and flip before it breaks traction.

What are you using for an exhaust pipe?? A straight (no baffles) pipe is good at top end but robs torque at the low end.

If you have baffles, then like said above, change the sprocket ratio's.

Last edited:
With a bp2 cam you will loose bottom end...

That cam comes in good from 5000-8000 rpm...
It also likes a larger exhaust...
It has a good bit more duration than a stock cam... Therefore it moves the powerband up into the higher rpm...
Also it likes a larger carb. That is a Builders Prepared cam, which is a kart class spec cam...