Decal Source

Peewee is AT70 decals. This morning he finished up a custom set of vintage Mulholland MX shock absorber decals for a set of shocks I am restoring. These are tiny decals, but the level of accuracy he got was amazing. Also, I thought the layout fee was reasonable, and the follow-on decal prices were very inexpensive.

Opinions as to just what price constitutes being "inexpensive" or "cheap" are VERY subjective and will differ (often significantly) from individual to individual. In addition to that, and IN GENERAL (many) mini bike enthusiasts are cheapskates by nature. I know that statement will "get the dander up" on some of you, but it is true...
Michael

toomanytoys

Opinions as to just what price constitutes being "inexpensive" or "cheap" are VERY subjective and will differ (often significantly) from individual to individual. In addition to that, and IN GENERAL (many) mini bike enthusiasts are cheapskates by nature. I know that statement will "get the dander up" on some of you, but it is true...
Michael
I agree what is cheap or reasonable to some is outrageous to another.

i sold a dozen in memory vinyl decals to a family a couple weeks ago. Decent sized decal, took me about 30 minutes to layout the text, cut, weed and put on transfer tape. Charged 5 dollars for each sticker. They were extremely happy with the price and decal

last week I had someone else contact me for 10 of the same style decals. Told them 5 dollars each. They told me I was way too expensive and some not so nice words about taking advantage of a grieving family

It cost me about about a 1.50 each sticker for good higher end weather proof vinyl that’s rated for 10 years. That doesn’t include my time and the cost of my equipment. If I’m so expensive go spend the cash on a PC, cutter and material and make your own.

sorry I’m ranting…

Michael
What was the purpose of your post, to cast doubt on the veracity of those of us who offered positive comments on some quality work? Or do you just doubt my ability to consider what costs are "reasonable?" I'm restoring a vintage set of shock absorbers for a vintage motorcycle. I spent less for layout and decals than you will for your water slide decals on your next two $600 Briggs and Stratton engines. What did you have him do that cost you so much? Or are you just repeating what someone else has said.

I started this thread with the intention of providing another source for a product that is used by many. When I asked for feedback, good or bad, I was referring to quality. Cost of services is subjective as to the buyers needs. Lets not turn this into a pissin' match. It is just another source to be used or not, your choice. Mini bikers are cheapskates as well as any other hobbyists. Try Fancy goldfish. That will open your eyes. As past bass tournament competitor, guys spend enormous amounts of money on boats and tackle and the quibble at the boat ramp about launch fees. So if you think about it, it really comes down to how much enjoyment you are getting for the dollars you spend. One more thing I learned is when engaging in your passions and the preparations start to become more work than fun. It is time to move on.
Fred