Deerco Maximatic torque converter

Hello all,

My son and I found an antique mini-bike in the shed of my wife's deceased grandparent's cabin. The bike is tubular steel and very heavy duty. It was without an engine and the driver portion of the torque converte. The torque converter driven pulley has the name DEERCO MAXIMATIC LOS ANGELES, CA I cannot find any mention of this brand converter on the WEB. Any help would be much appreciated. I would prefer to locate a matching pulley but would be open to any other suggestions to get her runing. We have cleaned off years of grease and dirty oil so I am confident it was once a fearsome machine and we look forward to riding it again soon! We have purchased a 6.5 HP engine with a 3/4" shaft and are retrofitting the engine. Any one with an identification for the bike (i.e. kit name or MFG.) would be great! :hammer:

Well, I am pleased to learn that we have a Tote Goat, I still am unsure of the model, and what driver pulley I can use as a replacement? Help! :scooter:

What you have is a Tote gote model B And the name of the Torque Converter is DEEPCO, and it is speed sensitive not torque sensitive like most belt drive systems like Comet and Horstman, that is what gives the tote gote it's down hill compression breaking. And with the double jack shaft you will not need 6.5 HP but I am sure the cheap price of the 6.5 Clone engine was the buying incentive. Lots of information here and in Tote Gote Land
Steve :scooter:

I found mine with a 5.5 Honda in it but it's coming out of there. A 3-5 HP briggs is plenty with that gearing and would be original. You will need an engine with a 3/4" shaft for the drive clutch which needs to be symmetric style. ( V )

These bikes are slow but will climb and descend anything you dare to take on.

That is an early model B. It used a Deepco driver clutch too. The belt on these were only 3/4 unlike the later model B's with the Salsbury and the Climb-Away that used a 7/8 belt. If you need any parts I know ToteGoteparts.com can get most everything.

Maximatic driver

Did you ever find a "driver" for that maximatic? (If your like me... you either found zero or a dozen).
I NEED one, or, what did you use for a replacement? (mine does seem to be the narrow belt).
Looks like totegoteparts.com is no more