DESPERATE! 12mm × 270mm axle needed or Machined

Daniel Coop

I'm in desperate need of a 12mm × 270mm front axle for my daughter's Motovox MBX10 that I was lucky enough to find a MBX11 fork assembly and spacers for. Found a supplier in the UK...? But won't ship to U.S. Willing to pay a machinist to make if necessary. Please help!

No ones got a bolt that long. I have no idea where motovox sourced them from.iended up using hardened 12mm threaded rod and 2 nuts. Definitly have to have an axle machined if you dont do threaded rod.

Daniel,
I would have to search around a bit for 12mm Thomson 60 Case shafting. It is case hardened on the polished surface to rc60. It can be drilled and tapped on the ends because the case hardening isn't that deep. You could also anneal the ends for threading and thread a nut on one end, weld it in place, and thread the other end after cutting to length. Probably the better option is threading 12mm X 1.50 RH, a standard lug nut thread, then source a castle or similar nut to secure the axle. I believe the shortest Thomson shafting is sold in 24" lengths. Probably more expensive than the Fastenal route.
Hope this helps,
SAT
ps
If I remember right, Fastenal used to supply 12mm X 340mm bolts, threaded 12 X 1.50 RH

Last edited:
You could maybe call Monster Moto about mmb80 axles they don't have parts online yet,but on i think is 12mm axle.the bearings are 12mm inside dia. So must be..think around same length.ask them...if they measure length in inches you could see what mm conversion is https://www.monstermoto.com/order-parts . inches to mm chart ..sounds like you measuring back axle? If sounds same order nut too

Last edited:
I'm in desperate need of a 12mm × 270mm front axle for my daughter's Motovox MBX10 that I was lucky enough to find a MBX11 fork assembly and spacers for. Found a supplier in the UK...? But won't ship to U.S. Willing to pay a machinist to make if necessary. Please help!
Try link above for phone# these guys