Dial indicator for timing

Trying to locate tecumseh 670241 dial indicator...it’s located just to the right of the holy grail....if anyone knows of one I’d be glad to send you cash....in the mean time any suggestions as to what to use? Thanks for the help...

markus

a regular dial indicator can be used if you have the head off and can get directly on top of the piston, just need to fashion up a way to hold it, like a bracket off a head bolt or something like that.

[MENTION=31239]Havasu Dave[/MENTION] has one for sale on here ...I think .
No, I posted a link to one for sale on CL. I checked and the ad expired. Too bad, because it was about half the price of what I paid for mine on Ebay a few years ago.

[MENTION=58813]Skipp[/MENTION], got your PM. As Markus said above, any dial indicator will work if you use a simple fixture with the head off. I don't use mine anymore as it was intended. I made a fixture out of an old head that allows me to both time, and check valve lift/indexing of a cam.

Because no one builds engines on OldMiniBikes eh [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] ? :laugh:

Here it is in use to index an unknown cam in a Briggs Raptor I, and pressed into service on my truing stand.

Trying to locate tecumseh 670241 dial indicator...it’s located just to the right of the holy grail....if anyone knows of one I’d be glad to send you cash....in the mean time any suggestions as to what to use? Thanks for the help...
I’ve got one if you’re still looking... Send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capguncowboy

You guys -- for the genuine racing engine sound when faking the test ride videos, you need to get a trombone

[video=youtube;s5IKthNYhVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5IKthNYhVY[/video]

Last edited:

markus

You guys -- for the genuine racing engine sound when faking the test ride videos, you need to get a trombone
Classic! When I was at Toyota I go out to the lot to bring a Prius in the shop to do some repair service to it. I nearly wrecked it coming onto the building, The old guy that owned it had some CD blaring that was sounds of WWII warplanes, when I got in all was quiet, there was a delay between each different plane. about 15 feet to the shop door a war plane started coming at me....I just about pissed myself!

The dealership was right under the path of a pretty busy small airport thats less than a mile away. Actually the one that Troy Ruttman had his aircraft brokerage at and where the Terrorists that hit the towers did some training :doah: So smaller prop driven planes were coming in low all day right over us, I thought it was the end and I was gonna die in a hybrid that looks like a cockroach :laugh: