Dial indicator usage

Ok guys I admit I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer...hell there’s butter knives who’s edges shine much brighter than mine believe me...or just ask my wife I’m sure she has volumes....BUT I’m not stupid....how in the hell do you Fish that freaking foot on the Tecumseh dial indicator into the spark plug hole?!? Its just about in my last nerve...THANKS!

I believe I already offered my opinion on that. (grin) Removing the head building a fixture makes finding the piston easy.

Orient the dial with the relationship of the foot required to engage the piston, so that when you tighten the spark plug adapter and rig everything, you don't lose that relationship- ie the foot engages the piston, not offset. Once the tiny screw falls out of that foot, you'll need to pull the head anyway. LOL.

And a little “after done” knowledge I happened across....which you probably knew....for hm 70 and up engines you need to put a 10 degree bend in the foot to get it in the head....if you choose not to remove the head which I’d never do...lol...lessons learned....