Did eBay change their search format? What changed on eBay?

It seems like when you search it no longer searches for the key words?

It's searching for anything that maybe related to your keywords as-well.

Very, very annoying. Has this just changed?

They have categories for things but most people are far to stupid to put their item in the right area so they might as well just lump it all into one huge area.

I think they are stupid enough to think people will buy random crap that they wernt even searching for if it just comes up in a search.

MB165

theyve been changing the page format on ebaymotors everynow and then too. it sucks i hope they dont make it permanent

Last edited:
Maybe you have your settings set to "search title & description" :shrug:
No it's not that. I know how it will search title and descriptions.

Type in a key word and it will bring stuff up without that word in the title.

It's like the machine is smart enough to know. It's actually pretty scary.

It's not me, I just tested myself to make sure I haven't completely lost it.

theyve been changing to page format on ebaymotors everynow and then too. it sucks i hope they dont make it permanent
it's been going on for a while, and i agree, its pretty awful. :shrug:
That is a PITA also, I've always had that problem though. When I originally signed up for ebay I signed up under eBay Motors.

Every time I log on I have to manually switch it.

Smallbore

Congratulations Randy, you were chosen for their Beta Testing. Sucks does`nt it ?
I hate the new format with a passion. If you look at the top right of the page it says: Tell us what you think (or something like that). When ever I get the new format I go there and put "This new page TOTALLY SUCKS A$$ ! Why do you keep trying to fix something that is not broke. You`re time would be better spent going after the fraud and counterfeit products on the site". If enough people did the same they would stop this.

Last edited:

MB165

That is a PITA also, I've always had that problem though. When I originally signed up for ebay I signed up under eBay Motors.

Every time I log on I have to manually switch it.
i know what you mean. that is a pain too, its been going on for a while.

It seems like when you search it no longer searches for the key words?

It's searching for anything that maybe related to your keywords as-well.

Very, very annoying. Has this just changed?
It has changed and now you get tons of extra crap when you search but you also get some parts like moped tanks and other parts you might otherwise never consider using but would work fine on a custom or rider minibike. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I like it or not really, time will tell.