Did Tecumseh make engines for Sears?

Hello, I wanted to know if Tecumseh made engines to sell under the Sears brand name? Also, is a Tecumseh H30 the same exact engine as a Sears 143 721022? :confused: Please advise. Thanks. Nothing's ever easy...It's always something...

buckeye

Yep and not sure if the numbers are right but, I remember those 143 numbers relate to older Tecs.
Not a pro on this by no means.

Yes there were Craftsman & Sears power equipment powered by Tecumseh engines...tons of them. I have a few removed from old reel lawn mowers and some snow blowers too. Somewhere either on here or thru Google there is a cross reference or decoder to tell you roughly what year they are and it'll breakdown the other specs,like HP & crank info.
It's been a while since I did that,,but I do remember it was somewhat of a pain lol

Yep and not sure if the numbers are right but, I remember those 143 numbers relate to older Tecs.
Not a pro on this by no means.
Close enough Tom. :thumbsup: That number crosses to an H-30. Tecumseh supplied Sears with thousands of engines for their products, and 143 prefix means it came on a Sears product. There were so many sold to Sears, that the cross reference was included in the Tecumseh manual.

Unless they weren't in the manual, nor on line, nor anywhere else. We see that too.

Close enough Tom. :thumbsup: That number crosses to an H-30. Tecumseh supplied Sears with thousands of engines for their products, and 143 prefix means it came on a Sears product. There were so many sold to Sears, that the cross reference was included in the Tecumseh manual.

Unless they weren't in the manual, nor on line, nor anywhere else. We see that too.
Haha I spent an entire weekend trying to figure out what's up with that engine of yours. Burn it!! It's a witch!!!

Anyway, I love Craftsman Tecumseh's. I find the vintage ones made just a lil better than the regular Tec. It's like they would up their game for Sears or something. Think I have 3 and I can't imagine selling any of them.

Why do you say burn it?
Haha I spent an entire weekend trying to figure out what's up with that engine of yours. Burn it!! It's a witch!!!

Anyway, I love Craftsman Tecumseh's. I find the vintage ones made just a lil better than the regular Tec. It's like they would up their game for Sears or something. Think I have 3 and I can't imagine selling any of them.

In a general way. The ones ive found have been solid, little corosion, excellent compression and cylinders in great shape. The paint even has a lot of its shine. I generally have to dust them off and gas em and they're on. Call it luck or whatever but the old Craftsman Tecumseh's I've dug up have yet to let me down. I'm working on one right now. If I could upload pics I would. Haha.