Die Grinder

How well I can relate to that, those u tube videos convinced me that I needed that new lathe. Now comes the challenge of what to make on it!

Yeah Skipp, I have plans already to make a bunch of brake cams that won't strip out where the brake arm attaches.;) Some of them are too soft and fit rather loose in the brake arm.

i ran the die grinder off of an older dual hotdog 2hp compressor with a single cut 1/8" straight burr on some K400 alloy taking the edge off an internal drill hole. worked for 20 seconds or do before the pressure dropped.

the grinder has a 1 scfm ar 90 psi which is about 6+- scfm at atmospheric. i need to study up on this to see what the compressor really has to be to run the grinder continuously.

one new toy leads to another!

i have to move the d bit grinder and its associated tool box, clean the corner out, drill the floor to fix the compressor in its place. then run 10-2 with ground from the kitty corner located service entrance.

i have a bunch of 3/4" copper pipe to run for the air line on three sides of the room.

the die grinder also needs a drier and a lubricator in its air supply. this stuff never ends!

IMAG0282.jpg

got it off the pallet this afternoon using the engine hoist. machine tools and engine hoists are not a good match.

the compressor, like most of the
other pieces of machinery, doesnt have a pick point that is anywhere near the balance point. it got the job done but me and some "hired muscle" had a little struggle to keep the base of the compressor from kicking out.

If you need any piece parts for running your air lines ore mounting the compressor these folks are a good source. I have bought quit a few things from them in the past. One of the best pieces was there compressor drain. Replace the current pescock with theirs and it has a simple pull cable to give the tank a quick drain everytime you turn it on. I also like a "redhat" solinoid vale to cut the air supply off. You can instal a switch at every drop and just cut the air on without going to the compressor to do it. Flip the switch when your done and its cutt off.

Items for sale by compressor-source | eBay

thank you sir!

If you need any piece parts for running your air lines ore mounting the compressor these folks are a good source. I have bought quit a few things from them in the past. One of the best pieces was there compressor drain. Replace the current pescock with theirs and it has a simple pull cable to give the tank a quick drain everytime you turn it on. I also like a "redhat" solinoid vale to cut the air supply off. You can instal a switch at every drop and just cut the air on without going to the compressor to do it. Flip the switch when your done and its cutt off.

Items for sale by compressor-source | eBay