Discovery Channel Chopper Build-off

Well I watched Discovery's chopper build off last night, it was pretty good. Junior's bike won, and it was cool, but it was so damn big I think that it would be awkward to ride. :shrug: Senior came with a sport bike (what happened to a "chopper build off") the machine work that went into it was cool, but it just wasn't my style. Jesse James came with a harley powered street bike with a bit of a cafe racer vide that I thought was really sweet. And the boys from Fast N Loud built a nice old skool FLH (arguably the only chopper) and they took the win with it. I was rooting for either Jesse James or Fast n Loud, so I couldn't complain, and to make things better Lynyrd Skynyrd performed their new song Last of a Dying Breed. Any of you guys watch it? what did you think? :shrug:

catfishman

i just watched it, i predicted the outcome of jr winning and fast and loud 2nd place, as watching it. i liked the fast and loud bike, but did not care for the pink. i figued jesse would not win, since he wasnt done in time

i saw some of it. i liked fast & louds machine the best. nice rideable machine. am also a big skynard fan from waaaay back:thumbsup:

Well there was only one usable bike there in my opinion and Fast and Loud is not really a team the guy with the beard does all the work and has all the talent.
Steve :scooter:

i saw some of it. i liked fast & louds machine the best. nice rideable machine. am also a big skynard fan from waaaay back:thumbsup:
Ya me too, I'm a big Skynyrd fan and really enjoyed hearing them perform. :thumbsup:

Well there was only one usable bike there in my opinion and Fast and Loud is not really a team the guy with the beard does all the work and has all the talent.
Steve :scooter:
Ya no kidding, I totally agree, Richard from Fast n Loud spent all his time pranking all the other shops.

In my opinion, Jr.'s bike wasn't built to ride, it was so damn big, and with that exhasut on it, it was so bulky on the one side. It was cool though.

My complaint was that they didn't really allow a good all around look at the bikes, I couldn't see the details on the bikes very well in just the few quick shots of the bikes after they were completed. Monday night is the last show of the OCC series.
Jesse is :doah:

Ya I will kinda miss watching American Chopper, but on the other hand, it was starting to be more like a soap opera then a bike building show for a while.

Well I have to agree with the outcome. It was a chopper build off so that eliminates the 2 sport bikes.since it was a build off not a rebuild show that eliminated the fast and loud bike.that left just one custom built show chopper. If handling,speed or any other rules were implicated it mite have turned out different.

Well I have to agree with the outcome. It was a chopper build off so that eliminates the 2 sport bikes.since it was a build off not a rebuild show that eliminated the fast and loud bike.that left just one custom built show chopper. If handling,speed or any other rules were implicated it mite have turned out different.
True. :thumbsup:

I like the Fast and Loud bike by far the most. I'm not into new wave freak bikes built with huge budgets and high dollar CNC equipment with car parts.

Jesse Jame's bike was my second favorite, but it's an apples to oranges comparison. As far as contests go, it was a bullshit reality show that I enjoyed watching. :smile:

I must disagree that the sport bikes can't be considered choppers. There is no set definition for a chopper that everyone agrees on. However in my mind I define a chopper as any bike with a modified or custom frame. And I wouldn't dis Fast n loud for starting with a stock bike(as I doubt PJD built there own frame, missed it if they did. even OCC probly called in rolling thunder for a frame.). I will dis them for building an average bike that a hundred or more shops in the U.S. could build though.

I must disagree that the sport bikes can't be considered choppers. There is no set definition for a chopper that everyone agrees on. However in my mind I define a chopper as any bike with a modified or custom frame. And I wouldn't dis Fast n loud for starting with a stock bike(as I doubt PJD built there own frame, missed it if they did. even OCC probly called in rolling thunder for a frame.). I will dis them for building an average bike that a hundred or more shops in the U.S. could build though.
Isn't the correct definition of a chopper taking a stock bike and "chopping" un-needed parts off of it to make it perform better, or look "cooler." That's the way the term started, though maybe we have modified the term to mean "anything not stock with two wheels."

OCC indeed built their own frame using a water jet and CNC machine on a very large chunk of billet aluminum. PJD used a vendor's frame.

I would contend that F & L built the ONLY chopper, since they used a stock bike, chopped it, and modified it with a valid title from HD till applicable. :hammer:

Isn't the correct definition of a chopper taking a stock bike and "chopping" un-needed parts off of it to make it perform better, or look "cooler." That's the way the term started, though maybe we have modified the term to mean "anything not stock with two wheels."

OCC indeed built their own frame using a water jet and CNC machine on a very large chunk of billet aluminum. PJD used a vendor's frame.

I would contend that F & L built the ONLY chopper, since they used a stock bike, chopped it, and modified it with a valid title from HD till applicable. :hammer:
I. Know that it is only a personal oppinion on what everyone likes but it was a build off and the winner was picked.
Paul jr. Obviously knew what most would want to see and vote for. Getting 1st twice shows he is more in touch with his viewers.

Personally I liked occ's bike but did not like the forks on it,PJD's inverted forks I think would have been better on it.

eh I voted for jesse just cuz hes an outlaw.
Same here, but I thought that his bike had a bit of a flat tracker vibe to it and I liked that. I also voted for Jesse because he did the work himself, whereas Sr. probly didn't do anything on his beside "supervise".

True enough, that is the definition of a chopper, and yes fast and loud's was more to my taste. I can appreciate the machine work that went into the OCC bike, but PJD's was a cool look but too big for my liking.