DIY paver brick sidewalk project.

WrenchDad

Well after some advice on the best way to cut paver brick a month and $61 dollars later I have it done.
this was my first time doing this and I was on my own.

I started it Sunday afternoon and finish Monday afternoon (about 10hr's total).
My plan was to re-do the old limestone sidewalk with keyhole paverstones re-using the 4x4 's as the existing dimensional framework for the sidewalk, 41 in. wide by 12ft.long.
Gravel base ,1/2" all porpose sand, lowes Paver base and the paver stones.
I rented a brick splitter ($29.00) and about ahour later had 40 edges cut.
It took about five hours the first day to rototill up and remove the packed lamestone and dirt (by my self ) with shovel and wheelbarrow. Then backfill with the gravel and pack again (by my self ) with shovel and wheelbarrow.
The next day I re-adjusted and trued the wood forms and added the sand. (Ten 50#bags ($33.00)
Next I made a screed out of wood to a depth of 3 1/3" to ride on top of the 4x4's to level the sand
Next came the Lowes Paver Base (they were left over from a QC trial I did at work, we make them and other molded EPP products).
Then layed down the keyhole pavers and swepy in some sand.
It turned out pretty good not perfect but it was a learning curve,plus I was restricted by pre-determined dimensions and exsisting set up.
I raised the grade a little and sloped towards the house a touch to keep water from gathering at the head of the sidewalk from the drive way.( I need a drain in there).
This is what it looked like in pictures.

Wow... Beautiful work, you're professional mason WD. What a difference you've made with your skills, know-how and hard work.

I'm curious, if you would care to share as to what business moved into the former Zenotti HD, Honda dealership in Butler? Sad to hear that their long family business is over.