Does anybody else collect vintage R/C cars?

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

xr7gt

Growing up in the 1980's I was really into Tamiya cars and trucks.
I've been collecting pretty much vintage ones for a few years now not exclusively Tamiya.
Did you know Heathkit made one in 1970? From what I have found it's the 1st American made RC car.
I picked one up today. It's 1/8 th scale nitro
DSC_0731.JPG
DSC_0733.JPG
DSC_0735.JPG

I've been collecting pretty much vintage ones for a few years now not exclusively Tamiya.
Did you know Heathkit made one in 1970? From what I have found it's the 1st American made RC car.
View attachment 270110
View attachment 270111
View attachment 270112
Did not know that, very cool cars!

I went through a phase in the 90s with nitro road cars and electric offroad buggies when my son was into it. Built an AWD HPI Ford Lightning bodied kit with a .15 Star (?) engine and every factory hop-up part I could find...thing could do 4 wheel burnouts on command and I couldn't hold the throttle wide open for more than 3 seconds or I'd crash it.

If I ever hit the lotto I'm buying some old tether cars.

old shed finds

View attachment 270110
View attachment 270111
View attachment 270112
You know me too well my buddy. .. I have a fair share in my collection of the association RC10 gold pans !! Lol...