Does somebody have a Hawg-Ty Minibike Owners Manuel?

Hi, I need the owners manuel for my Hawg-Ty minibike. I have been looking for it for a long time but cannot find another one on the internet, so I was wondering if sombody has a PDF copy of one. Thanks! :smile: :scooter:

cfh

Good luck buddy. I’ve asked for catalogs and manuals from people here on this forum and just doesn’t get any traction. I can’t explain the reasoning. That’s why I set up my website to host that stuff. So when I come across something I scan it and put it to a PDF, because sure as shit you’re not going to get anybody here to do it for ya. I’ve even offered money for people to scan stuff, and still no response
Mini Bike PDFs

Looking for a 1971-1973 Fox catalog, among other things

Last edited:
Good luck buddy. I’ve asked for catalogs and manuals from people here on this forum and just doesn’t get any traction. I can’t explain the reasoning. That’s why I set up my website to host that stuff. So when I come across something I scan it and put it to a PDF, because sure as shit you’re not going to get anybody here to do it for ya. I’ve even offered money for people to scan stuff, and still no response
Because not everyone is willing to give away intellectual property they paid good money for, and give it to you, so you can control the data on your personal website.

Some of this data is valuable. Giving it away to strangers on the internet makes it less so.

As far as the people on this site, I have found them to be quite generous with their parts, their information, and their time. I'm not sure that disparaging them because they won't give you their hard-earned data to keep on your personal website is warranted.

markus

Mini Bike PDFs

Looking for a 1971-1973 Fox catalog, among other things
you seem to be doing just fine filling up your little library by downloading photos off this site and altering out site and personal watermarks by cropping or photoshopping them out of the images :laugh:

cfh

Some of this data is valuable. Giving it away to strangers on the internet makes it less so.
Yea i know, i've spent $100s off ebay for catalogs and ads and flyers.
but does hoarding it really help that single individual? there's a greater need for the masses. I know this is a concept that is foreign to most people, but having a central library where this stuff can be found is helpful for all.

Also from what images i find on the interweb they are usually bad contrast, bad crop and bad sizes. I use some imaging tools and make them larger and more clear with better contrast, square them up, and READABLE. that requires a fair amount of work, compared to the, "look at my crappy picture (not even a scan) i took with my cell phone." And then where possible i put them into a PDF (which if you have been following Adobe lately, is not a cheap proposition either.)

Look if you guys think you having the only (catalog/magazine) copy around is a good thing, then i guess that's your bag. But frankly i see that as being self centered and not a community. I guess it's not all that surprising given the freak show that is this community, but i have a bigger vision where we share information freely. For the most part people do that here, but for some reason, old catalogs/ads/flyers/manuals seems to be where people change their minds.

On the watermark thing, what a joke that is. You guys don’t own the images, text, or the photographs. You don’t own the catalog right. You don’t own the Minibike company that paid the artists and photographers for that. Stop putting watermarks on shit you don’t own. That would be like walking around a Minibike show and putting stickers on all the bikes with your name, and then telling everybody that those are your bikes. It doesn’t work that way. Now if you want to put some kind of mark that says something like “scanned by someone” with a date, OK you can get away with that. That’s informational is interesting. But to put your watermark on it implies that you own the images, which you do not. Unless you took the pictures or you own the rights to that catalog, the stuff is not yours to watermark

Last edited:
He's edited his initial response to me, as if I am the one who made the water mark comments. :laugh:

I only commented because this dude continues to disparage OldMiniBikes members who don't give him stuff.

I will admit, he is doing a great job of scanning, copying, and editing.

I don't own a single shred of mini bike intellectual property. If I did, I'd post it here on OldMiniBikes, a forum who despite it's many foibles has been here with me through my mini bike addiction. :thumbsup:

Why not post this information right here on OldMiniBikes? Or how about giving it back to OldMiniBikes, or Minidoodle after it's all prettied-up and edited, since the name of the game is SHARING.

What this is, is someone posture oneself as some philanthropic sharer of information, while positioning a personal website as a mini bike authority, without doing much more than editing public information.

Except the Rupp History section taken almost verbatim from OldRupps.com owned by Keith Kenyon. Not much editing there. No attribute either.

The notice placed at the Brochures and Ads page of Minidoodle seems relevant:

Special note: Copying of brochures for personal use, I can accept. If you copy brochures for your web site this is not acceptable. Linking to the brochure page from your site is acceptable. Please respect other peoples hard work.

cfh

Posting to this web site really does not work. Case in point.... try posting a picture today, and you will understand. Also it’s not easily searchable, it’s not easy to find stuff. Having a dedicated spot where catalogs, brochures, and cards etc. is much more helpful. This site is good but it can’t satisfy all things. Having a segregated site with advertising makes much more sense. And oldrupps.com is a snowmobile site. Other than some generic history as to employee numbers and general sales there’s nothing in common with any other site

Last edited: