Doodle Bug Sprocket Adapters For Sale

Yeah vette66_00 could you please pm me ur paypal info or email address? I don't have enough posts to send pm's yet & I'm interested in purchasing one of these adapters for the db rear sprocket. I only want the adapter & possibly the higher grade allen socket bolts if you have them. If not where did you say that I could pick some up? If you want, pm me back with ur email & I'll email you with my paypal info.
thx

vette66_00

PM sent but if you dont get it its that name (vette66_00) at yahoo for email and PayPal. You can get the higher grade bolts at Home Depot, Lowe's or True Value stores.

All current orders are filled guys.

Still have 9 adapters left. Currently shipping these 2-3 day USPS mail with insurance and tracking. I have 1 65t gear left.

I have 3 burnished ones. (These will be how the rest will come in the future)

and 6 glass beaded ones.

Last edited:

vette66_00

Just a note...I shipped out 5 adapters(some with sprockets) on the 26th and and the 31st, I used bulk mailing through PayPal. I guess I entered the weight wrong on all of them instead of 13 oz it was 3 oz. So if you recently ordered an adapter please give it a few days from today to get them. I went down today and paid the extra shipping on them and they are on there way.

Unfortunately not everybody gave me a OldMiniBikes screen name so I cant PM you all so I figured this was the next best thing.

Thanks and if you have any question please PM me.

Chris

What would be a good tooth sprocket for a doodle with a clone and a 200# rider that wanted more speed but didn't want to completely kill the bottom end? And what would this setup cost shipped to 08043? Thanks!

vette66_00

Well you can only get more top end losing bottom end.
It all depends on what you have done to your motor. Is it stock or modified and how modified is it. A single tooth change will increase you MPH by 1.2 mph but if your motor can't pull the gear you will lose bottom end and the top end you were trying to achieve.

It is usually safe to go down a couple gears (increased speed) and not notice a big loss in bottom end, but it will decrease your climbing power. It kinda of a gamble and in some cases adding more gears can give you better top end if your motor is bogging down at the top end. We have found a 77-78 gear works wonders on a stock DB engine but it's closer to the ground and has potential to rub in corners.

Currently not doing the sprockets since there are a ton of places that sell them online and I have lost more money running down to the Kart shop selling them at cost. Ebay is the best place to get sprockets look up "go kart sprocket #35" you are looking for the split type sprocket with a 4 9/16" hole registry. like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-RLV-Racing-Go-Kart-Sprockets-35-chain-53-76_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439df2f274QQitemZ290412753524QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

Adapters are $38 shipped to 48 US states. Hawaii and Alaska are a bit more.

Last edited:

vette66_00

chris is the shipping more then 11 dollars on some ?
No shipping is not that much. But I buy the sprockets local at 19.99 and nuts and bolts at 2.15 for a set of 6 then add 8.975% tax. Its too much for me to buy 10 sprockets (online) at a time to cut the cost not knowing what people are going to want. Then add in the fact that Im selling the adapter for about $4 over cost and I don't make anything, which is the reason I started selling them. Soon they will be on OldMiniBikes for more than I charge and I will be out of it.

Last edited: