Doodle Bug wheels for a Azusa frame will thay fit

Ha guys you know all about this stuff I like the Doodle Bug size tires sproket & brake setup Like to know if thay would fit on an Azusa frame
ALSO is there any bigger frames out there for an adult thanks Dave

delray

dave, i don't think the doodle bug wheel and brake,sprocket set up will fit in a little azusa frame. wheel assembly is just to wide? the doodlebug inside frame rails from side to side is about 9inch wide to clear everything. the only new frame that i know? is frame on ebay. it looks to be wide and large for adult to ride. i dont know if he just sells frames without tires? he also has a frame with big atv's tires. or just get a doodle bug frame and make it little longer? and install a larger motor(5-6hp?)

eBay Motors: BIG ATV Mini Bike Frame & Wheel Kit (item 370004451110 end time Dec-17-07 10:17:51 PST)

Last edited:
thanks guys

thanks guys for the feedback im just trying to ride trails with my little girls
As fare as Big Dog WAY TO MUCH MONEY oh i havent bought anything yet

Last edited:

delray

i didnt think you wanted to pay that kind of money$$$
cheapest way to go, would be to buy a rolling frame doodle bug and stretch frame little. so it fits you better and you still get to have the tires you want.
there is some vintage adult frames with large tires too. thats if you can find one cheap enough to buy and stick little money and time into it. for example you still can find heathkit boonie's and super bronc's for sale.
:scooter:...........................

You can get a d-bug rolling frame for $144 shipped on Ebay. I would also try and find a Manco thunderbird which can be had for $200 with a good engine on it. Baja's can also be found cheap and all are big enough for most anyone and I see both for sale all the time at a good price in like new cond..

Good morning guys and thanks

Ha there guys good info. I think Ill go with the Doodle Bug for my yougest girl and get a roller and get a Honda clone 6.5 $ 119.00 Harbor Freight good deal
Only i don't know if can use just centrifugal clutch and chain or how many teeth on the clutch you know like 8-9-10 tooth i don't know how many teeth are on the sprocket ether All i need is a little power for trails i will limit the speed at the throttle so it doesn't get out of hand for my 8 year old little girl Thanks again for all your help this is a good starting point

delray

planecrazy. it's not going to really make a differents with teeth size 8-10 on the clutch with a 8year kid and a 6.5 motor. it will push her around very easy. you will have to make sure you gov-motor or it will go way to fast for here to ride(30+mph). i believe the stock clutch comes with 11tt. the small engine does work good only for small kids. the only bad thing with the doodle bug is it comes with a small sprocket. not giving you that lowend torque you need with the small engine. 6.5motor will fix that problem:thumbsup:
:scooter:...........

just dont want to buy that junk motor 2.8

I can use the 6.5 on something bigger as she gets better and yes as i said i will limit the motor however tell me guys how many teeth should i use on the sprocket i can use what will work best and can drill out any sprocket no problmo