Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I also have the 6.5hp parts installation kits. This kit includes all the parts required to easily install a Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine (#66015) other "clone" engines or genuine Honda GX 160/200 engines. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools (no welding, drilling or filing is required) and an easy to follow instruction CD is included. Using this parts kit installing the bigger engine is fool proof. The parts installation kits are $125 and include 2-3 day shipping. Included in the kit:

aluminum adapter plate (motor mount)
new Max-Torque clutch (crankshaft bolt and washers)
aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard
hardware
throttle conversion parts (for reliable throttle hook up)
misc parts
instruction CD
2-3 day shipping
bought this kit in august 2010. finally :eek:ut: got around to installing it in a db. what a blast. :smile:

just a couple things to point out. im in CA so the HF clones have the CARB crap on them and wont fit in the db frame. i just took all the carb crap off and put the motor in. is there anything that i should be aware of since taking off all the carb hoses? be prepared to mount remote tank and you'll have to cut the air filter bolt in order to get it off easily. be careful with the chain when you have to cut it. i thought i cut it to short at first but then realized that the engine wasn't all the way back.

well that is it. the kit works perfectly. you too can have a blast with very little effort when you use this kit. worth every single penny.

TT

briggs anyone?

hey folks, new to minis again i,ve been away 40 years. i recently bought a old style used db30 for the grand kids to ride when they visit. it really sucks , i'm reading about 6.5 hp upgrades but i definetly want to go briggs and stratton because of parts availability. i dont trust chineese engines and cannot get parts when they eventually break. anybody know which briggs will fit on the bug and what clutch i will need (db clutch also really sucks) i remember minibikes pulling my dad around when i was a kid. this one would not.

Kits still available? How about the kit + the engine? I am going to look at a DB30 this weekend and need to get it tee'ed up for a 6.5 engine, the stock stinks!!!

I'm looking for a complete conversion kit for my doodlebug - with engine or at least a link for the best deal on a 6.5hp engine - I'm more computer inclined than motor/engine inclined so if instructions/dvd was included that'd be a huge plus. Please PM me if you have something like this available and price w/shipping to Las Vegas. Thanks!

Available kits

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping
Do you have any kits available? Give me a price including the shipping quote.

What makes the DB30 the best bike for this swap?
It's more about being more commonly available. The older minis tend to be restored and collected so they want them original. DB's can be picked up cheap. And they come with a junk engine that needs replacing. The 6.5 is a cheap commonly available engine. Its a perfect match. Although I think it over powers the bike but if you respect it you'll have a blast riding it.

Thanks. I've gotten the bug. I always wanted on of these minibikes and now I finally got one for my son but I want to build one for me. I"ve got A 6.5 from Harbor Freight to use.

I just bought a db30 from a guy on craigslist for 90 bux. He said he bought it from the place he used to work. :shrug: It never had any gas in it. Tha spring from the gov was disnonnected. He did not even know what way to twist the throttle. What a tool! I have a 6.5 motor for it and I just bought the motor mount kit. How much can I sell the motor for?. How many h.p is it? Now to the pics.
!:thumbsup: