Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I also have the 6.5hp parts installation kits. This kit includes all the parts required to easily install a Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine (#66015) other "clone" engines or genuine Honda GX 160/200 engines. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools (no welding, drilling or filing is required) and an easy to follow instruction CD is included. Using this parts kit installing the bigger engine is fool proof. The parts installation kits are $125 and include 2-3 day shipping. Included in the kit:

aluminum adapter plate (motor mount)
new Max-Torque clutch (crankshaft bolt and washers)
aluminum and stainless steel clutch guard
hardware
throttle conversion parts (for reliable throttle hook up)
misc parts
instruction CD
2-3 day shipping
I just acquired a free db30. I'm into the whole engine swap. I'd like to use a Honda motor. How fast will it go with an adult. 240 lb. I'd like to use it as a pit bike. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi, want to ask you a few questions; what brand is that 6.5 hp motor ? Is it a knock -off ? made in China ? etc. Also, I read your conversion kit also works on Briggs 5 hp, clutch also ? Lastly, love the exhaust pipe ! Will that fit the briggs 5 hp ?

Thanks,

John

I just bought a Baja Blitz with the 212cc Predator engine already installed. The previous owner didn't install an adapter plate. Is that a problem? It also has a very loud straight pipe (which I like), but getting too much attention from some of my neighbors. Would like a good performance muffled exhaust which exits under the seat instead of the left side (burn a leg or two). Thanks.

Ok, I just looked around this web site and found all my answers. Usual hazards of a "Newbie"? "I'll take the fifth".

Last edited: