Doodlebug db30 chain tensioner needed

Hello everyone, Im new to these mini bikes as I just got one yesterday that I will be giving to my son for xmas and between now and then will be fixing it up a little.

it is red and I need a chain tensioner stock is fine but a spring loaded one looks like it would be better. also a chain guard as my son is only 7 and want to protect his legs : ) I will need any bolts and nuts with both items as I have none or will need to know what size and thread.

lastly a complete air filter setup for a 5hp briggs and stratton engine model# 135232 type 0036 01 someone removed it and didn't put it back on so I got it without. I will also need the bolts to mount it.

I know the engine is not original. Thanks for any help trying to do this on a small budget lol.

Stitch

Homemade tensioner

Here is the set up I am using on my old style DB30 Doodlebugs with TAV's or torque converters. It bolts right on and the offset arm make tuning it a breeze. Not shown is a metal screw helping lock the clamp to the frame to stop torquing.
The Frame clamp is available from several sellers on eBay. Here is the ones I buy: Black 7/8" Drag Specialties Three-Piece Frame Engine Guard Universal Clamp | eBay
My setup is really easy to make up and works like a charm. The Delrin roller never wears. It can easily be adapted for a spring but I haven't need one yet. It helps having a little brother with a machine shop......
I hope this helps!
Stitch

1129161517.jpg 1215161629.jpg 1215161629a.jpg DB30 SWING_ARM.jpg

Stitch

Ond has about the best setup I know of! Perfect when you have the original tensioner and guard brackets still in place! Clean and simple and keeps perfect tension.
ecocars, I have a yellow and a black chain guard. You can have either one for the cost of shipping only.
Stitch :xmas-smiley-016: