DoodleBug hydraulic brake

When you put the grip back on if you spray some hair spray in it then it slides on really easily and sort of forms an adhesive so the grip cant spin.

thanks everyone They're all out of these brakes now,canceled my order,:sadcrying4: I got to wait 6-8 weeks for them to get back in stock, very nice customer service at partsforscooters though

This one looks pretty close.

You might email and ask the specs on the hole spacing. I did awhile back, but dont have a copy of the answer. As I recall they were identical to the stock brake caliper, or very very close. Worth asking anyway. And it looks like it has a cool braided line!

fonz

I mounted both of mine today. Thanks to Strigoi for the tip about adding the washers. I had to grind a flat on the right hand ones to fit. The handle bar grip info was great too. I used a football/basketball needle valve and slide it under the grip. A blast of air and it came off easy! Both units worked right out of the box too. A vast improvement over the stock caliper.
Again my thanks to Rudedog for starting this great thread and posting the important info!!:thumbsup:

This one looks pretty close.

You might email and ask the specs on the hole spacing. I did awhile back, but dont have a copy of the answer. As I recall they were identical to the stock brake caliper, or very very close. Worth asking anyway. And it looks like it has a cool braided line!
This one looks like a way better deal. And the cooler braided line. Anyone know if these brakes use mountain bike mounts?
I am pretty sure there are only two types of mounts on mountain bikes so if it is the right type it pretty much universal.

So the point is I think this one would work if my assumptions are correct.

I am interested in this brake, but does the fact that it is a hydraulic brake make any difference on how long the brake pads last?

I know that the DB 30 stock brake / pads seem to wear down quickly. What I am not sure is how a brake being hydraulic which just puts more pressure on the pad to disc, would not wear faster.

Is there something which I am not considering or understand about this brake system?

Sure would be great to have a better brake without having to do any modifications, but just wanted to ask these questions I have been thinking about for some time now.

125ccCrazy

What I am not sure is how a brake being hydraulic which just puts more pressure on the pad to disc, would not wear faster..........................but just wanted to ask these questions I have been thinking about for some time now.
With the Hyd brakes you do have more pressure on the pad but you will stop faster with less slippage on the rotor resulting in less friction and longer pad life.. Just like someone that rides thier brakes before stopping at a light in thier car, if they constantly do this the pads wear faster because they are in contact with the rotor longer than if they just stopped normally...

Which replacement brake pads from the site do they take? I think I am going to order one.

Tom
If you have the caliper like on the site you need these pads...
Chinese scooter brake pads, mini scooter brake pads, xtreme, scoot-n-go, large selection

OK guys, I've been asked to provide info as to where and how we set-up our DB with a rear hydraulic brake. Believe it or not I've attempted a couple of times to post this and after spending 30+ minutes typing it all out, it's disappeared. So I'ma try again!!!

We got our rear set-up from www.partsforscooters.com. Got to the search bar and enter in brakes, it'll take you to a page with lots of different styles, you may find one you like better. THIS is the one we got X18 4-stroke pocket bike brakes, hydraulic brakes, chinese pocket bike parts, 4-stroke 110cc brake parts.

In all honestly, it couldn't be much simpler than removing the old stock stuff and bolting on the new. The bracket bolt spacing, I believe is like 50-52mm and the caliper is advertised as 51mm, ours fit perfectly. I even used the stock DB allen head bolts. After install, I would recommend re-bleeding the system, but it does come sealed and seems to have been bled from the factory, I just usually don't trust stuff to be done for me, like that, so I bled it myself. I don't have any install pics, I thought we had taken some but apparently not. I do however have some I took today.

I weigh 350+ and I can gaurantee that this will stop you dead nuts. In the grass from full bore, it WILL fish tail and all but put you on your ass. I've used scrub, band and probably every other type stock style brake out there over the years, and this one is the best.

Yes the tire is flat, and yes there are a few bolts missing from the disk, I've really not ridden the thing in probably 4 months.
did that kit come with the brake fluid reservior?