doodlebug rear sprocket

Can anyone tell me where I can order an oversize rear sprocket for a new Baja Motorsports doodlebug please? I'm not sure what size it has now but, I want a bigger one.
Does it take a 35 chain ? Any reply will be appreciated.

Last edited:

rudedog

All three of ours have 64 tooth gears. They are already quite big. You'll have to be careful as to how much ground clearance you have with anything bigger. These are already pretty close to the size of the tire. It does take a #35 chain. I don't know of anywhere to get larger gears. You could try Martin gears, or BMI, or some of the other kart suppliers.

delray

superior,i purchase a 80tt blank sprocket my doodle bug. you will have to machine out the holes on the sprocket. no one makes a bolt up sprocket for that bike. purchase it from motion industries. you can do a search under locations when you get to the web site and see if there is one close to you.
https://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mi/motion.jsp
80 tt works good for me,because i only ride it on glass and pavement. really can't ride it anywhere else(hardtail)

another option you could go with is a bolt on jackshaft. no machining parts out,but it also may cost little more.

:scooter:.......................

Thanks all for the info ! The 80 tooth info is what I was after ! I just ride mine around in soft terrain for short bursts. Or at least I want to . I would like maximum acceleration and minimum clutch wear for those conditions . I also have no where else to ride it. Thanks so much !