Doodlebug Tire Question - Heavy Rider

So I did a little trading and ended up with a pretty nice little Doodlebug with the jackshaft kit on it and possibly some other mods I just haven't figured out yet. So here is my question, I am 6'4 - 310 lbs and I hear with the right setup I can ride this thing around with my kids that have their own already. I may need to make some other engine mods I get that, but as far as the tires what do I need to look for here?

Any help is much appreciated, and other suggestions to help me ride this thing would be great!

Thanks!

So I did a little trading and ended up with a pretty nice little Doodlebug with the jackshaft kit on it and possibly some other mods I just haven't figured out yet. So here is my question, I am 6'4 - 310 lbs and I hear with the right setup I can ride this thing around with my kids that have their own already. I may need to make some other engine mods I get that, but as far as the tires what do I need to look for here?

Any help is much appreciated, and other suggestions to help me ride this thing would be great!

Thanks!
what kind of riding , street or off road ??

Mostly street. We may go out and hit the farm once in a while but even that is fairly flat and not trying to jump or anything like that. Even inclines will be gradual that we hit, kids are pretty young and I don't need to hurt myself haha.

Daniel Coop

No offense please, I'm definitely not picking on you but, 310lbs on the original 3HP?? That jackshaft is probably the only reason you can even get it moving but it's gotta be hella slow? Goes to show the bike's original max rider weight of 150lbs is under-rated. There was a very similar thread about a month ago that me and Doug (FOMOGO) chimed in on. You won't find a tire suited to your weight range, but I just wouldn't worry about it. There's a few different sizes and tread patterns to choose from. You're not necessarily restricted to the 145-70×6 tire size.

Haha no offense taken. Since I just got it I have already looked into going to the 6.5 HP here soon. I was just curious, being a big guy you get to worry about all these other things along the way.

I'm no expert, but, in addition to the 6.5, I would suggest lengthening the wheelbase to help keep the front end down. Easiest method would be some extended axle mount plates (would require a new brake caliper mount, also); something similar to photo, below.

photo_521.JPG

Daniel Coop

If you're going to go through all that, might as well stretch the entire bike like I did, but now we're getting a bit off topic... But seriously, the bottom line, the Doodlebug's​ are great mini bikes (my personal favorite) to customize/hot rod. Your imagination and budget are your only limitations. And... "Keeping the front end down" (with the larger 196-212cc engine) can easily be done through gearing also. Just get you a 14t clutch, instead of the typical 12t (when you get the bigger motor). Pick up some top end speed too. They put those big rear sprockets on, so those tiny 3hp motors have enough torque to move the bike and rider down the road.